The first of the many! Coastguard Jayhawk

Graham77

Hi all, it’s time to crack on with clearing a couple more projects! First up is Hobbyboss’s 1/72 Coastguard Jayhawk, which has been on the go for years as I was put off by the masking to paint it. Here is how it started

39643035962_1d92a937b4_b.jpg

Finally got it masked

44433861595_732d71330c_b.jpg

And how it now sits with the painting unmasked and some decals applied (sorry missed photos for the bit in the middle)

45083334914_7e123c9e1f_b.jpg

Next up, a good box set, a quiet few evenings and the rest of the decals to do. They are very thin and break very easily (as you may notice with the yellow on the tail😉)

Have a good weekend

Graham

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/5/2019 at 9:02 AM, Graham77 said:

Final coat of varnish and the rotors and I think I’m there

32050337477_fe0e6408f2_b.jpg

Did you get to finish this? Impressive. I’m hoping to build this and the Dolphin in both schemes. Any pointers? What were your reds and oranges? Thanks, and fab work again

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I’ll post pics of it and the dolphin and I’ll fish out the colours I used for both. It took ages to get round to finishing it but just bit the bullet in the end. Relatively straight forward builds just check where the decals and the aerials go before gluing 😉 May have caught me out and required treating🤦‍♂️.

And here it is with the rest of the SAR team.

40690050503_3a6fee77f0_b.jpg

Jayhawk was sprayed with Halfords paint, appliance white and Fiat Red Orange. The dauphin was painted with Xtracolor X104 International Orange (fs 12197)

Good luck!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...