Hi all

kapland

Thanks for adding me to the group. I'm Canadian and live in Edmonton, Alberta. I'm an Electrician, in my early 40s, and getting back into the hobby after 20 years lol. Hopefully its like ridding a bike!! I started building models around the age of 9 or 10 with my dad and uncle. My first model was a snap tite F-14 kit, obviously from watching the movie Top Gun hahaha... but i was hooked on Naval Aviation and the crowded decks they flew off from. I built up in tell my late teens and then cars, girls and work ended that pretty quick lol. Now I'm married, we have been blessed with one beautiful daughter (i'm sure every father says that lol) and pretty much a home body so why not. The kits i started out with were 1/720 USN carriers...had them all from CV-59 to CVN-72. As time went by i built bigger, 1/542 CV-59 & CV-60. Then 1/400 CVN-65 and finally 1/350 CVN-65 which was my last model up til now. Ten years back i found another 1/350 Tamiya Enterprise kit and bought it with hopes to do it again one day. BUT instead i went out and spent 350 cdn dollars on the Gallery 1/350 USS Intrepid lol. So here i go!!!

P.S. i tried adding a profile pic but i have no idea how to make a picture 0.005 mb???? thats a small fn pic!! anyways, cheers!!

• Like 2