This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
JohnT

Supersonic Bloodhound Car Project Axed

Yeah my wife’s got an email today saying it’s up for grabs at £250k.

Steve.

Sad to read.

I met Richard Noble a few years ago, and heard a very inspiring presentation about Bloodhound - such a shame it hasn't reached full potential

1 hour ago, speedy said:

Yeah my wife’s got an email today saying it’s up for grabs at £250k.

Steve.

Nice Christmas present and had advantages

1  Get to work really quickly

2  Speed cops cant catch you

but

think of the insurance and fuel consumption though.  Tires will be expensive as well and the local garage will do a lot of teeth sucking at service time.

Gutted. I volunteer at my son’s primary school, running a mechanics club for 10 and 11 year olds. We have been involved in a lot of the STEM projects that the Bloodhound team have been using to outreach to schools and the kids have loved it. We even have our school name printed on the tail fin of the car after winning one of the rocket car challenges they ran. That was one of the main goals of the project, to engage and inspire young engineers of the future. In a way they have achieved this over the last few years but it’s such a shame that the people with proper deep pockets can’t see past investment with no real monetary return. 

Great shame. it was a huge showpiece of our British engineering talents. Also a possible apprenticeship boost for future  young engineers in all the disciplines.