The Charger

For lack of a better name. It's what I've been calling it to my family when I'm telling them what I'm doing (working on the charger...!)

This is my first diorama (or is it a vigette?)  and also my first model car (I'm an airplane guy) and first attempt at figure painting, not counting my warhammer days 30 years ago.  It's a Christmas present to my brother in law who is a huge petrol head and muscle car owner and English bull terrier lover - so I really just put all those things into a model. The setting is a drive down to the local river bed where my brother takes his dogs for walkies, while driving a muscle car along beside them.

The car is a 1969 Dodge Charger in 1/25 from a kit by MPC. It was the single worst kit I have ever built since or before returning to the hobby. Nothing fit, everything was crazy warped and some parts had so much flash, you couldn't tell where the flash ended and the part began. Don't buy this model - apparently its the same kit they've been flogging since the 60's and I believe it.

Other than the car, it was an enjoyable build. Really enjoyed the figure painting so will definitely be doing more of that. Enough whining/talking... the pictures: 

The charger

The charger

The chargerThe charger

The charger

The chargerThe charger

The charger

The chargerThe chargerThe chargerThe chargerThe chargerThe chargerThe charger

Thanks for reading...! John

• Like 13

7 hours ago, John_W said:

Nice build.

The figure should have some tattoos though ;)

Thanks John - some tats would have been good alright - plus some more details on the base. It was a time thing why I've left it as is - had to have it finished today for delivery. I'm far from happy with how this came out TBH but it was interesting as a first attempt - each component is lacking a great deal but bringing them together brings everything up somehow. Next one will be better... (I hope) :) 

2 hours ago, Svedberg said:

Nice touch with the mud spray on the car sides. 

Thanks Svedberg

- I planned to do alot more weathering on the car but held back - few times on this project I've gotten 90% there and end up messing it up - then have to start again and re-do everything. This looked okay at the offset so left it as is.

1 hour ago, Vince1159 said:

Lovely job all around....

Thanks Vince :)

• 2 weeks later...