`Repeat Please`

Me too, however I’ve been fooled twice, first in the movie and then while viewing the original post in this thread?? I’m gonna put (missing the 109 Hurricane doubles) down to being away from home and looking at all this on my mobile - surely my eyes aren’t that bad? 

Cheers and extremely well modelled.. Dave 

• Like 1

Love it!  Great idea and excellent work!!!  I have a soft spot for 'Battle of Britain' and have built a series of the movie 'stars' myself including the mount of S/L Edwards!

yS9W7hF.jpg?1

Edited by Yankymodeler
  • Like 5

Great film, great scene, excellent execution! Very pleasing to look at - Nice! 👍....or should it be ✌️??

ATB
Rick

Edited by Spad
  • Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:55 AM, cocky05d said:

Going back to the film ,did that happen in real life ?

The scene is presumably based on the 30th August action where 303 Squadron broke off from a training flight to attack a force of He111s and Bf110s that attacked the Vauxhall works at Luton (resulting in 59 people on the ground being killed).  Two Bf110s from the force were shot down: coming to ground at Kimpton and Enfield. 56 Squadron were also involved.

Absolutely love the diorama!

Edited by Vicarage Vee
  • Like 1

On 08/12/2018 at 11:55, cocky05d said:

Hi ,after i had posted my comment i had a look on youtube and i saw there were three 109s in the shot .

Going back to the film ,did that happen in real life ?I know the Poles and the Czechs were mad keen on getting to grips with the Germans .

Could I recommend a book ?

Try "For Your Freedom and Ours: The Kosciuszko Squadron - Forgotten Heroes of World War II" by Stanley Olson and Lynne Cloud.  Excellent read and quite moving.  The latter part does not show us Brits at our best.  Come 1945 we  rather make all those East Europeans who fought so valiantly along side us take a back seat as it was politically expedient to do so in the post war world.  Did I say "back seat"?  More stay outside the party and dont come in. 

Used copies and Kindle editions as cheap as chips on a certain equatorial river web site - ie under £3.00

Could make a very good and cheap stocking filler tell your other half/ folks etc.  Drop hints.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JohnT said:

Could I recommend a book ?

Try "For Your Freedom and Ours: The Kosciuszko Squadron - Forgotten Heroes of World War II" by Stanley Olson and Lynne Cloud.  Excellent read and quite moving.  The latter part does not show us Brits at our best.  Come 1945 we  rather make all those East Europeans who fought so valiantly along side us take a back seat as it was politically expedient to do so in the post war world.  Did I say "back seat"?  More stay outside the party and dont come in. 

Used copies and Kindle editions as cheap as chips on a certain equatorial river web site - ie under £3.00

Could make a very good and cheap stocking filler tell your other half/ folks etc.  Drop hints.

Hi ,already have that book ,haven't got around to reading it yet.

• Like 2

They say you "learn something new every day" and that's a fact. I have watched the Battle of Britain countless times over the years and that is one of my favourite scenes but I never realised until now that they had used Buchons to make up the numbers. Thanks for that tc2324.

Well Done, Sir !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent!

For another book recommendation, try and get hold of Flying Fever, AVM Stanley Vincent (sadly long out of print, and no, my copy's not for sale or loan).  As a Group Captain, he was Station Commander at Northolt during the Battle of Britain, with the Poles under his command.

• Like 1

Saw this a couple of weeks ago, at mum's for tea.

I can't believe I hadn't spotted the aircraft previously.

Pointed out the subjects and tail struts - epic stuff.

My favourite line is when the young boy offers Edward Fox a cigarette. "Thanks awfully old chap!"

• Like 1

I've lost count how many times I've watched the film, and I never spotted the rear planes were 109's 

Dont think I would have lasted very long as a Battle of Britain fighter pilot under these circumstances  ! :pilot:

cheers Pat

• Like 1

I read the description, thought, "I don't get it".  I looked at the pictures, thought, "Hurris with squared off wingtips?  And struts under the tailplane?"  Then I read down the comments.  "Aha!"  Cracking good idea, mate, and you pulled it off like a champ.

• Like 1