Blackburn Shark Mk.II, Eastern Express, 1/72

You have done a wonderful job on this model,.... I`ve always thought that the Shark was sleeker and better looking than the Swordfish and wondered why it was replaced by the latter!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

What a fabulous model, a real masterpiece, although personally I don’t like the half and half folded/unfolded wing presentation on models.  (Not meant as a criticism, just my opinion)

AW

• Like 1

Thanks to all!

15 hours ago, BristolBlue said:

No wonder you have not attacked the Beaufort yet (hint hint!)).  That is unbelievable and your joke “out of the box with a few bits” is hilarious.  Over last week a few stunning “British brute biplanes” on here but this surely has to be a contender for build of the year!!  Magnificent.  

BristolBlue,

I haven't forgotten about Beaufort - on the contrary, I'm making a sample list of modifications needed. I'm going to open a thread in WIP to show how my assembly work goes.

Edited by Serge Tkach
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, adey m said:

Absolutely beautiful and a joy to behold, you are a master modeller Serge and a magician to turn a 50 year old FROG into such a masterpiece.

Regards, adey

Adey,

thanks a lot! It's so nice to get a comment from a guru and an expert in history of aviation and modellism!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, tonyot said:

You have done a wonderful job on this model,.... I`ve always thought that the Shark was sleeker and better looking than the Swordfish and wondered why it was replaced by the latter!

Cheers

Tony

Tony,

I think, it was poor engine reliability on the first modifications of Shark which ruined its career. But for it, no one knows, Shark could have become more famous than Swordfish.

Edited by Serge Tkach
  • Like 1

Crikey!  Where to start?  An absolutely outstanding model which could easily pass as 1/48th or even 1/32nd scale.  What you have achieved from this old kit is truly superb.  I wish I had a fraction of the skills you have displayed here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Serge Tkach said:

Chris,

you should also bear in mind the other engine, cowl panel, propeller and exaust.

A Pegasus is easily obtained from a Swordfish, either the new Airfix kit or the FROG kit, which has a fairly nice engine. I also have a prop from an old Supermodel CANT Z.1007 that has the right prop hub. The exhaust pipe wouldn't be to hard to fab up.

Chris

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

A Pegasus is easily obtained from a Swordfish, either the new Airfix kit or the FROG kit, which has a fairly nice engine. I also have a prop from an old Supermodel CANT Z.1007 that has the right prop hub. The exhaust pipe wouldn't be to hard to fab up.

Chris, you can just copy those elements in resin, so not ruining complete kit like CANT Z-1007... It is not that much difficult as people think :)

regards

J-W

• Like 1