Blackburn Shark Mk.II, Eastern Express, 1/72

There is a saying in the UK about turning a sow's ear into a silk purse, meaning taking something not very good, and making it into something brilliant. You've done just that. Excellent job.

John.

• Like 4

I have one of these to do, if I can achieve a fraction of the quality displayed in your build I will be a very happy modeler! Top notch work and well done!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hacker said:

would like to know where you got your interior information

Hacker

There were a few interior shots floating around on the internet that I copied and have somewhere.

Selwyn

• Like 1

Beautiful work. I've always admired the Frog kit as a great example of what they could do well. I have one in the stash just for the building of it as I'm not particularly interested in the aircraft or period.

• Like 1

Serge that is an absolutely stunning model, particularly in mind of the basic starting point. Exquisite detailing and beautiful paintwork. Simply stunning!!

Cheers

Malcolm

• Like 1

No wonder you have not attacked the Beaufort yet (hint hint!)).  That is unbelievable and your joke “out of the box with a few bits” is hilarious.  Over last week a few stunning “British brute biplanes” on here but this surely has to be a contender for build of the year!!  Magnificent.  

• Like 1

Wow!

It's hard to imagine that you've built that excellent model out of that old kit and that it's 1/72! Beautiful.

Those interior pictures are from this book:

39559394934_0a8c439296_k.jpg

Chris

• Like 1

Absolutely beautiful and a joy to behold, you are a master modeller Serge and a magician to turn a 50 year old FROG into such a masterpiece.

Regards, adey

• Like 2