This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Artie

Supermarine Swift, 1/48 scale resin kit. Finally done...!!!

Good evening all:

With Juan just returned from the exercises, and with a couple of public holidays ahead, we gave a push at the Swift...Hopefully, this weekend we'll be casting the first parts, Here you are a few pics how how things are going by now......Navarro, en Flickr

46144535952_d3722b0088_c.jpgWhatsApp Image 2018-12-05 at 21.52.15 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

46144533602_5c30c1c9a6_c.jpgWhatsApp Image 2018-12-05 at 21.51.49 by Arturo Navarro, en FlickNavarro, en Flickr

32322967928_86eb72a818_c.jpgWhatsApp Image 2018-12-05 at 21.51.18 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

32322966578_c143e78602_c.jpgWhatsApp Image 2018-12-05 at 21.50.47 by Arturo Navarro, enNavarro, en Flickr

Edited by Artie

Artie,

Many thanks for keeping us upto date on the Swift. It looks very good from the pictures you sent.

John

Thanks, John...

We're trying to get a better result than that from the Scimitar, with a hollow fuselage and modeller's friendly assembly sequence.

cheers

Nice. I have a vac kit - if you offer the resin cockpit seperately, I would be interested 🙂

Rene

29 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

I have a vac kit - if you offer the resin cockpit seperately, I would be interested

the Falcon Swift is still available, or is at least reasonably common, so any detail parts you can offer could be a good idea BTW 

To be honest, I don't think our kits are so detailed....we offer just a basic detailing, leaving an open door for you to super detail it or whatever. We've got great limitations when it comes to cast super detailed cockpits, wheel wells, small parts, etc.. A higher level of detail would imply a type of machinery that we do not have, a higher number of working hours that we don't have, and, of course, a higher price wich most people wouldn't want to pay.

I'm aware our kits are not to a high standard as other manufactures achieve, but that's the key..we don't consider ourselves "manufacturers", just modellers, and this is a part of our hobby that we've decided to share.

You bet that most of the times, we just cover the raw material expenses and the shipping costs, with next to zero or minimun profit. Our aim is offering the kits we'd like to have in our collections, with more or less success, depending on your opinions and expectations. The small profit we earn, is later spent in club lunchs and single malts. And I'm not kidding you...!!!

Our access to information is very limited in some cases, and must rely on the few books, articles from magazines, pics from here and there....that we're able to collect.

To develop the Swift, we took adifferent approach: I had an old, half built vacuform kit lurking at home for years (don't know wich brand, it was given to me that way), wich we used as a guide to take the main shapes. We compared the disastrous pile of badly stuck pieces against a set of plans in 1/48 scale, just to find out wich modifications had to be done. Then, lots of epoxy putty (the one used by plumbers), body repair filler, plastic card, etc...was used to get the main master parts. From those rough master parts, we made new solid parts wich were broken into smaller parts and worked individually, with lots of sanding, dry fitting, sanding again....etc....Needlees to be said, our fingerprints were lost in the process.....

Dear Sirs....Please, let me show you the final result we've achieved with the Swift.

Not exempt from some problems and delays beyond our control, here you are some pics of the master parts. One of those mentioned problems is that our local supplier ran out of silicon, and must wait for it to do the moulds. Hopefully, next tuesday they will re-stock it again.

Hope you'll like it. For those who'd already sent their money in preorder status, I'd like to give you a big "thank you" for your support. Your kits will be supplied very soon...

Best regards.

32418857498_f73e941f78_c.jpgWhatsApp Image 2018-12-12 at 19.45.17 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

32418855788_e3e8d01a31_c.jpgWhatsApp Image 2018-12-12 at 19.44.07 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

46240438692_61bdc50a05_c.jpgWhatsApp Image 2018-12-12 at 19.43.31 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

46240438322_4198f532ab_c.jpgWhatsApp Image 2018-12-12 at 19.43.01 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

44473708110_365a5ec820_c.jpgWhatsApp Image 2018-12-12 at 19.42.11 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

46240435442_b845e4335a_c.jpgWhatsApp Image 2018-12-12 at 19.41.51 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

44473707770_8dc01e339e_c.jpgWhatsApp Image 2018-12-12 at 19.41.41 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

46240434762_0bb49cfb97_c.jpgWhatsApp Image 2018-12-12 at 19.41.27 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

Artie - that looks super - thanks very much. I look forward to receiving my copy in due course. I am going to Tangmere Museum and will give the Swift FR5 there a good polish!

John

Looks great indeed. I would still be interested in a detail set for the Falcon kit :-D Cockpit section and wheel wells and u/c would be nice. Any chance for such?

René

Hi René......You could contact Juan and ask him about it.....AFAIK, he's not offering a detail set, but maybe he can provide you spare parts.....Please, send him a few lines at  jbegines22@yahoo.es

Please, note that he won't read any message until late in the evening, so be patient with him...!!!!

Bes tregards

All looking good Artie!

You are definitely establishing a reputation and I think your approach - give the modeller a good basis to either complete 'as is' or 'super detail' is spot on!

Hope you guys all have a very safe and peaceful Christmas!

Simon