Trumpeter P-47D Razorback

This is a 1/32 Trumpeter Razorback built for a friend who wanted a weather-worn workhorse. Insignia airbrushed with Montex masks before top coat in an effort to prevent markings standing proud. A few scratch-built additions here and there but generally OOB. The kit built quite well although you do need to be precise bringing together the interior in order to get the fuselage fitted neatly. Love these planes and want to build another.

mar%208%202016%20029-X4.jpg

mar%208%202016%20057-X3.jpg

mar%208%202016%20043-X5.jpgmar%208%202016%20070-X4.jpgdec%2013%202015%20028-X3.jpg

• Like 44
  • Thanks 2

There are models that look great, then there are models that look superb and then there are models that just look perfect - yours is one of those. Knowing that I will never reach even close to this level makes me enjoy it even more. The painting and weathering is one of the best I have seen on a WWII plane.

Cheers,

Michael

Really captures the bulk and the heaviness of the machine. According to 'Ginger' Lacey: "The only way you could take evasive action in one [P-47] was to undo the straps & run around the cockpit!" (quote from post by Buzby061 from another P-47 thread).

Very convincing and real-looking recreation.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Lovely job,...... put that in a suitable background and it would look like the real aircraft,...... a simply stunning Thunderbolt,........ I hope that the new owner loves it?

Cheers

Tony

On 12/5/2018 at 10:22 PM, colin said:

Lovely build and finish, did you do the final coat with the good old Winsor&Newton matt as in the picture with the bottle

Hello and thanks for the positive feedback, i actually used Vallejo matt, but i find i needed to dilute it a lot with Tamiya thinner and then apply with the airbrush on a really low pressure

• Like 1