Airfix 1/48th Hawker Hunter F6

Herr General

Thats one of the best Hunters i ever seen, build, painting and weathering are extra class and have to get an award, but what i like too, your way of photographing, thats oustanding and amazing, youre an idol.

• Thanks 1

Thanks chaps,

NorthBayKid, apologies but are you referring to this actual aircraft being finished in dayglo orange trim? If so then no, ‘204 was definitely finished in RAF Trainer Yellow. There are several high quality colour images showing the aircraft at a display at RAF Finningley in 1962 as well as excellent four view profiles in ‘’British Military Aircraft in Colour, 1960-1970’’ by Martin Derry. Also images were provided from the Key publications photo archive for good measure. There were several Hunters of the Day Fighter Combat School finished in variations of this scheme at the time. Thanks for your kind comments.

Thanks Werner, appreciated. Regarding the photography, the images are taken using three tripod-mounted professional studio strobes slaved to a remote IR trigger attached to the hotshoe of the camera (a Nikon D7500). Against a white card background these give a nicely diffused image and eliminate hard back shadows. If necessary I use Lightroom to remove dust, aberrations noise etc and generally clean up the images (I use the same set up for the magazine work). 

Crikey I missed this one, sorry General.  I hope my punishment is not too severe, do I need to run around the parade ground in my shreddies with a rifle above my head again???

What a beautiful model of a beautiful machine and a lovely scheme too. 

Great work as always.  

Chris

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I'm especially impressed with the weathering on the bottom of the airplane. Perfectly done and most convincing. A beautiful build.

• Thanks 1

Thanks chaps, as always your comments are greatly appreciated. 

Chris,

do I need to run around the parade ground in my shreddies with a rifle above my head again???

So it was you, was it...repeat offenders will be dealt with in a manner befitting the offense. This time you can run around, wearing the rifle with your regimental shreddies above your head (I think it prudent  to keep Darling locked in the guard house, close to a bucket of cold water during this exercise, he can get a bit 'unnecessary' at times). 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Thanks chaps, as always your comments are greatly appreciated. 

Chris,

So it was you, was it...repeat offenders will be dealt with in a manner befitting the offense. This time you can run around, wearing the rifle with your regimental shreddies above your head (I think it prudent  to keep Darling locked in the guard house, close to a bucket of cold water during this exercise, he can get a bit 'unnecessary' at times). 

Yes guilty , sorry General, crikey can we carry out the punishment in a warm day as I would hate people judging me  if it were to be a cold day, what with shrinkage etc, yes please keep Darling locked away, as I do worry about him sometimes.

All the best  

Chris

• Haha 2

I would hate people judging me  if it were to be a cold day, what with shrinkage etc, 

Of course...if you think it'll make a difference and naturally, we must uphold the image of the regiment, after all, our motto does read ''et superbia erectus''.

as I do worry about him sometimes.

I worry about him all the time!

• Haha 2