Airfix 1/48th Hawker Hunter F6

Thanks guys, glad you like it. 

I have seen a test sprue in the flesh and i was impressed by the enginering and fit...

It almost looked like Tamiya kit.....

jan, it's certainly one of Airfix's best efforts to date, almost falls together, very impressed with the fit.

looked even better in the flesh at Telford. I do love the Hunter - such a classic design.

Totally agree Colin...almost up there with the Bucc!:winkgrin:

WOW! If that doesn't sell by the bucket load there's something wrong with the modeling community. 

Thanks Keith, you're dead right, I have a feeling it'll sell well, in fact, Matt, the lead designer told me that the response to the model at SMW had been extremely positive, which is great news for all of us as it'll mean a better chance of future projects from the company......now, where's the Buccaneer!:coolio:

Melchie

• Like 3

Very very nice! I will certainly have at least a couple of these. And hope for more versions to come!

I like your weathering and the research on the tailplanes.

Cheers

Malcolm

• Like 1

General,

She's a beaut! I love your choice of scheme, too! I'm not a 1/48 modeler, but from the look of the finished product and your glowing comments, I'm going to be very, very tempted! Your usual outstanding craftsmanship. 👍

Mike

• Like 1

although I'm not sure where I'll stick the 4 props 

Cheers mate......Chris beat me too it! :analintruder:

And hope for more versions to come!

I like your weathering and the research on the tailplanes.

I'm confident there'll be more versions coming up...the inside of the wings, (along the dog-tooth area) have score marks which could well indicate straight wing versions in the future. Thanks, the research is half the fun.

Cheers Chris, appreciated...be gentle with him, poor lad!

I'm not a 1/48 modeler, but from the look of the finished product and your glowing comments, I'm going to be very, very tempted!

Thanks Mike and Michael, to be honest even if you're not a quarter scale modeller the finished model isn't really that big, so I don't think you can go wrong by adding one of these to the cabinet. I'm very much a 1/48th type by preference and so will definitely be adding a few more to the stash... 

• Like 1

Absolutely stunningly made kit, and a beautiful aeroplane. 

I've managed to find Italeri and Academy Hunters in 1/48 for around £10 each on ebay - with my lack of ability a £30+ Airfix one is a waste, but in the right hands it obviously looks utterly brilliant.

For an average (at best) modeller who just wants a big Hunter with nice RAF markings, is there a huge difference between those kits and the Airfix one?

I wish West Raynham was still operational; it's really close to my mum's house!

• Like 1

I said to myself, when it was announced, there's no way I'm spending £30+ on a Hunter when the Academy/Italeri one is available for half that......And then I see this........Ok, I'm convinced!

As for a twin seater, someone was showing a conversion at Telford for this kit.....

• Like 1