Brother-Chaplain Viator

Primaris Space Marine Chaplain of the Raptors 4th Company

chaplain1wm.jpgchaplain2wm.jpg

chaplain3wm.jpgchaplain4wm.jpg

Brother-Epistolary Maurinus

Primaris Space Marine Librarian of the Raptors 4th Company

librarian1WM.jpg

librarian2WM.jpg

I've recently gotten back into painting and playing Warhammer 40K (Kill Team, to be specific) and decided to add a couple of commanders to my Raptors chapter kill team. I chose a chaplain because they've always been my favorite space marine sculpts and a librarian because I've never painted one before. As far as paint schemes go, the chaplain is pretty standard except I tried to go a little easy on his bright and shiny bits since Raptors space marines favor stealth and hit-and-run tactics. Also, I used no black paints and instead used only dark greys to paint the "black" armor. Librarians are typically clad in blue power armor, but that doesn't really jive with the Raptors "tactical" manner of waging war in the name of the Emperor, so his armor is instead painted the usual olive drab of his battle-brothers leaving only his helmet blue to represent his position within the chapter. Comments and criticism welcome!

Edited by ScootyPuffJunior
  • Like 14

On 12/8/2018 at 11:54 AM, oileanach said:

Fantastic painting, fantastic photography. What do you use to take your pictures?

On 12/8/2018 at 1:17 PM, Trig said:

Yep, they look great!

May i ask also how you set them up for taking pictures?

Thanks!

I use a Nikon D3100 with a 50mm f/1.8, on a tripod with a remote shutter. I shoot on a folding table with a white PVC seamless backdrop and two LimoStudio softboxes. I do some simple color correction and resizing with Gimp2.0. 

These models, like most of the stuff I shoot, I place directly on the seamless backdrop when I shoot them because I've found it gives me the best results.

• Like 2