Greetings Plastic Addictees

Spaceman

I have been a plastic model builder for 30 odd years now, my skills are far from scale model worthy, I would say my finished products are passable but still too 'toy-ish' for my liking. Been involved in another modelling forum but did not do well when the host changed. Been following this forum for a few months and I like what I see so I have decided to make myself known and I hope to show some of my work at some stage. I currently live in Zimbabwe but we are planning to return to the UK in the next 6 months and will probably settle near Inverness in Scotland.

Enough talk, back to plastic.

• Like 4

Sorry, forgot to mention:

- I model mainly aircraft but have been known to do the odd ship or tank, figures are a dark and mysterious avenue for me and I won't go that way.

- I am happy to build in any scale but I prefer 1/48th

- I am a brush painter mainly but once I am settled in the UK will be looking at setting up an airbrush.

Good morning Spaceman,

and :post1: 

Looking forward to seeing some of your photos.

Best of luck with the move, if your lucky enough to move to the Inverness area, don't forget to bring fine mesh fly screens with you, midges can be a pain! Or, you could move to a civilised area, like the North Riding!! :whistle:

Wherever you decide to live, we'll see you on the forums 👍

Paul

Big bugs I have no problem with, I had a 4 inch beetle in the kitchen the other day that needed assistance to leave (Don't tell the wife her tupperware was used as a temporary beetle transportation device), small midges are a pain though so will take the advice on.

I have lived south of the wall in the far past, London for a year ( which was great for a young single male) and then Somerset for a couple of years but I have always had a love of the highlands, my wife and I both have distant ancestors from the area so some family tree investigations are one of the things she will be occupied with while I set up and get moving plastic.

Edited by Spaceman
  • Like 2

Greeting from Western Canada and welcome to the forum. I'm sure your model workings are better than mine. I'm not so much a kit builder as I am a styrene butcher.

I, too, have maternal ancestors of Scottish descent, but that was over 250 years ago.

Chris

On 04/12/2018 at 04:21, Spaceman said:

Sorry, forgot to mention:

- I model mainly aircraft but have been known to do the odd ship or tank, figures are a dark and mysterious avenue for me and I won't go that way.

- I am happy to build in any scale but I prefer 1/48th

- I am a brush painter mainly but once I am settled in the UK will be looking at setting up an airbrush.

You are an almost exact copy of me then. 

Welcome to BM!

Edited by Sturmovik