Something strange going on?

I suspect the 'snow' will be running javascript so some browser versions may consume extra cpu/memory - all dependent on versions users are running on their home PCs/Mac etc. Some anti-virus software maybe checking the 'snow' adding load to cpu/memory as well.   The slightest flurry and the Brits come to a grinding stop 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/13/2018 at 12:32 AM, Mike said:

Glad to hear it @CedB.  It's a shame cos I love it dearly, but if it's screwing with people's experience and burning through more electrickery, it had to go :crying:

I think the Weather Gods would like a quiet word Mike.  Where did you say you put it ?

H36i8jy.jpg

Anon

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, sloegin57 said:

I think the Weather Gods would like a quiet word Mike.  Where did you say you put it ?

If only - my little village and TBH, Chester in general are in the (precipitation) shadow of the Welsh hills, have the moderating influence of the sea/estuaries, and are in a bit of a low-spot, so if we get a smattering, everyone around us (Wales especially) is probably snowed in.  We'll have the ice while you lot enjoy (or otherwise) the snow. :raincloud:

Mind you, I've fallen over more times on a dry patio than I care to admit these days (once requiring a nee-nah, and no alcohol to blame it on), so maybe I should be careful what I wish for? :shrug:

• Sad 1

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:29, Mike said:

Seems like the snow is causing a fair few problems for more than a few people, and I'm wondering if it's perhaps due to the fact that it was designed for an earlier version of the forum software and hasn't been updated like many of the things we use to personalise your experience with a view to making it more fun and usable.  I've been and looked to see if there's a new version, and there isn't even an old version anymore, which makes me wonder if the feedback was bad, so the writer decided to sack it off.

With a heavy heart I'm going to turn the snow off, and get more and more depressed as we approach Christmas with no snow.  No snow IRL either by the looks of things :crying:

I know Julien's going to gloat, so if you could all send him hate PMs about his miserable-ness, I'd be grateful :yes:

EDIT: I checked and my lowly gen 3 i5 was using up 20% processor power on the tab with the snow, compared with 0-3% on tabs without neige.  That's a pretty silly overhead for a simple snow app. :rolleyes:

1*FCzUb4DUtbEO6HO1O50EYg.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Julien: Noun vulgar slang

The word Julien is widely used as a derogatory epithet, especially in British English, referring to a person considered obnoxious or stupid. It is also used informally as a verb in British English to mean "to hit or punch a person". Mikepedia

• Haha 3