Photobucket at it again

Hi all 

After all the problems,over the last year,they got their act together,lowered their prices and it settled down.Went on it today and they changed their prices,lowered then ,however less photo,s .Grrrrrr .So Trying google today see if it works.

https://goo.gl/photos/v8bHRkipnRywtogZA  

Thought so, you have to follow the link.Will have to stay with P.B. boo hoo.

Edited by Chris Hewitt

. . .  but even Flickr is very soon, in the New Year, to limit your photos to 1,000  . . . . 

I am considering an external drive to down load into and hopefully (I dont know) I will be able to select photos from that source and offer them up onto forums that I run on .

1 minute ago, Mancunian airman said:

I am considering an external drive to down load into and hopefully (I dont know) I will be able to select photos from that source and offer them up onto forums that I run on .

Won't work, sadly. The files have to be online. The only other way would be to host your own Web server on your broadband, and host them from there. It would affect your available bandwidth a fraction though, and if you have a dynamic IP address, you'd need some kind of dynamic DNS service to keep track of your ever-changing address, and all that is probably beyond most people's skills, or wish to go to all that effort just to boost some photos.

Some NAS boxes will let you run a Web server from them, but again, you have to set it up, suffer the minor bit in your bandwidth, use up some of your monthly allowance if you aren't unmetered, and the same caveats apply to the dynamic IP address thing.

• Thanks 1

I wimped out and paid Flickr the money. It works out to about the same as buying a medium coffee once a week for a year. I recently found over $20.00 CDN in change, in the console of my pickup. If the price goes up next year, I'll just divert some of the money my mum-in-law gives me for birthdays, Christmas, etc.

Chris

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Courageous said:

...or reduce your model expenditure :rofl:................................................:coat:

Stuart 

Sacrilege! What foul words thou dost speaketh!

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1