1/35 Trumpeter E75 - Looking for Parts (Flame Arresters-Silencers?)

I will be starting an E75 build, but I am looking for the mufflers that match the depiction of the tank in World of Tanks.

I think a lot of people have done this, but is something I got to have, the tank has sentimental value because of my older brother's interest in it.

As a "newbie", I will be asking this probably "newbie" question.

Does anyone know where I can get the mufflers (someone on scalemodels.ru called them the Flame-Arresters-Silencers)

I saw Panther G's had the same look on the late versions, am I correct to assume those would be similar enough?

This is the build I am looking at just to give the individual credit?:

http://scalemodels.ru/articles/5781-Trumpeter-1-35-e-75-v-top-komplektaciii-iz-World-of-Tanks.html

As a newbie, I do not want to step on anyone's toes so credit given where credit is due.

Hey there, they are just called Flammenvernichter in the Panzer Tracts english books. Maybe flame suppressor woild be best fitting. They dont arrest, they dont silence, they suppress. I just checked your location, if you were continental Europe I would have just send you some. But CA is too far away, sorry.

Edited by Soeren

22 minutes ago, Soeren said:

Hey there, they are just called Flammenvernichter in the Panzer Tracts english books. Maybe flame suppressor woild be best fitting. They dont arrest, they dont silence, they suppress. I just checked your location, if you were continental Europe I would have just send you some. But CA is too far away, sorry.

Thank you very much!

I would ask on a US forum's armour section.

I'm sure there are plenty of people with these parts spare from Tamiya Panther G or Jagdpanther kits.. Post would be a lot less so more likely to get someone to give you a set.

To be honest, in 1/35 all you need is a cylindrical object (pen body or similar) and then a device that looks like a jet aircraft turbine (though it doesn't move in this case).

Here's a couple of photos I took of the exhaust suppressors at Bovington. The idea was to conceal sparks, flame and also any glow of the actual hot exhaust. So in the view looking up the tube you can see the hot inner exhaust within the outer tube.

31282705827_93701729d7_c.jpg

46171004092_c1f3d5ceec_c.jpg[

Hope that helps and good luck sourcing or scratching one up.

Matt

• Like 1

There is a company in Europe called paper panzer which makes a set of resin ones. I used these on a recent build of a Lowe and they are nice, but you can't order direct off the site, you have to e-mail and they are in Europe. As matt said might be worth asking on a US forum. A lot of the Dragon panther kuts include them, i have 2 or 3 spare sets, somone over there will be able to help i am sure.

On 12/7/2018 at 1:45 PM, Mattlow said:

I would ask on a US forum's armour section.

I'm sure there are plenty of people with these parts spare from Tamiya Panther G or Jagdpanther kits.. Post would be a lot less so more likely to get someone to give you a set.

To be honest, in 1/35 all you need is a cylindrical object (pen body or similar) and then a device that looks like a jet aircraft turbine (though it doesn't move in this case).

Here's a couple of photos I took of the exhaust suppressors at Bovington. The idea was to conceal sparks, flame and also any glow of the actual hot exhaust. So in the view looking up the tube you can see the hot inner exhaust within the outer tube.

31282705827_93701729d7_c.jpg

46171004092_c1f3d5ceec_c.jpg[

Hope that helps and good luck sourcing or scratching one up.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your reply,

I was able to find the part, thank you!

16 minutes ago, Bish said:

There is a company in Europe called paper panzer which makes a set of resin ones. I used these on a recent build of a Lowe and they are nice, but you can't order direct off the site, you have to e-mail and they are in Europe. As matt said might be worth asking on a US forum. A lot of the Dragon panther kuts include them, i have 2 or 3 spare sets, somone over there will be able to help i am sure.

Hello,

Yes, I tried emailing them, but perhaps the distance to ship for Paper panzers was too great since I did not get a response after the first response I got from a rep. from them. 

No matter, someone on here sent me a couple of them. Thank you for your time!