Oops, Mind your head!

After seeing the picture below I was inspired to recreate the scene:

vwbusvstornado

I bought Revell's 1/48 IDS and then went searching for a 1/48 VW T3 kit. Unfortunately there was not such kit. After waiting a year or so with no kit in sight I decided to scratch build a roof. I used some thin lead sheet for the roof, some plastic card for the door and EZ line for the rubber strips. I replicated the broken glass with Deluxe Materials Icy Sprinkles and printed the tiger stripe drop tank decals by scaling up some 1/144 decals.

Aircraft stencil decals care of Muzz - thanks mate, they went on a treat except for the walkway lines which were a pain.

Tor_1

Tor_2

Tor_3

Tor_4

Tor_5

Tor_6

Tor_7

Cheers

Mick

• Like 54
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6

Funny and well done!

I saw that photo a number of years ago, but I have never seen a model of this scene. I have always wondered what happended to whoever was responsible. And of course, how much more did the repair of the wing cost in comparison to the VW bus. 

Thanks chaps.

Looking at the wing there doesn't seem to be much damage - possibly some to the pylon and the pod, if it is still attached - It is not that obvious looking at the photo. I assumed that it was otherwise the roof would be on the ground.

Mick

Thanks for the comments guys.

Mancunian Airman - that's a good question. Looking at where the broken glass under the wing and where the vehicle has stopped it looks to me like the T3 bus has driven into the aircraft. How he missed seeing it is beyond me unless the aircraft was parked on the taxiway and it was night time.

There is nothing else on the internet about it apart from a picture of the T3 from the front and some speculation on a modelling website I found. I did ponder contacting the sqn, AG51, to get som more details but didn't bother in the end.

Mick