RG 51 RF-4E Phantom II (1/72 Fujimi) - '70s NATO/Warsaw KUTA XI

helios16v

KUTA continuation.  Lets see if I can get this knocked out this month.

Original thread: '70s NATO/Warsaw Pact - Luftwaffe RF4E

DSCF2218.JPG

DSCF2220.JPG

Haven't done much yet aside from painting the inside of the intakes and now researching loadout, which should be pretty minimal considering it's a recce bird.

Edited by helios16v
  • Like 4

Did a little picking away.  Intakes installed.  Cut some styrene for filler on the cockpit shroud as it got hacked up to fit the cockpit AM.  Once it's set it will need to be finished w/ some putty.  Also applied some Mr. Surfacer along the fuselage & intake seams to make up some small gaps and slightly uneven alignment.  Due to the fine raised panel lines, I'm going to have to decide what I want to do moving forward.  Needless to say I'm not looking forward to rescribing....

RF-4E_intakes-mr_surfacer-cockpit_shroud

• Like 6

On 12/3/2018 at 6:31 AM, helios16v said:

Haven't done much yet aside from painting the inside of the intakes and now researching loadout, which should be pretty minimal considering it's a recce bird.

Excellent subject!

German RF-4E's carried AN/ALQ-119 ECM pods, AN/ALE 38 chaff dispensers and were late in their life retrofitted with the capability to carry triple ejector racks with Mk 82 and BL.755 bombs. 

Cheers,

Andre

• Thanks 1

Picked up some more supplies.  Did a little more filling, a bit more sanding.  Nothing worth taking pics of yet.  Hopefully I'll be ready for the re-scribing of the sanded areas by the weekend.  I'm not getting a ton of bench time, just trying to sneak in 15 minutes here and there.

Canopies fitted.  Little more filling, little more sanding.  Need to clean up some scribing, then it should be about ready for some primer to see how bad I mucked it up.  😅

RF-4E_filler_and_canopy_install.jpg

• Like 2

I'm hoping to finish it up this month.  I'm actually off work Wednesday afternoon until the new year.  But I've also got a few car & house projects I've been putting off as well that need to be attended to.  Here's to hoping.  But I did get a new airbrush compressor so I've got an itch to play with the new gadgets...so that will help the drive.  😁

• Thanks 1