Sea King Mk.43 - Airfix 1:72

A superb and stunning 1/72 build. I have the new Airfix Sea King in the stash and plan to build a Norwegian one like this, together with the newer Merlin in a similar scheme. You have really done the model and scheme justice. What paints did you use for the white and dayglo orange?

Terry

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/12/2018 at 17:40, Terry1954 said:

A superb and stunning 1/72 build. I have the new Airfix Sea King in the stash and plan to build a Norwegian one like this, together with the newer Merlin in a similar scheme. You have really done the model and scheme justice. What paints did you use for the white and dayglo orange?

Terry

Thanks all,

The decals are out of the box, it is one of the kit options.

The white was Tamiya X2 and the orange is Revell 25 orange.

Cheers

John

• Thanks 2

Hello Viking,

Striking Sea King. Well done.

When will they be phased out of service in Norway???

Regards, Orion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

@Viking don't suppose you did a build thread for this? I've just picked up the same kit and it's always helpful to benefit from a fellow modeller's experience! Cheers

• Like 1

Nice to see this thread pop back up again after more than 2 years! I no longer have the model, it now appropriately resides in Oslo with my cousin. I managed to carry it in hand luggage on a 'Norwegian' flight without breaking it. The rotors were taped to a disc of sturdy card, and the fuselage in a box of foam chips.

On 11/05/2021 at 10:45, TonyOD said:

@Viking don't suppose you did a build thread for this? I've just picked up the same kit and it's always helpful to benefit from a fellow modeller's experience! Cheers

Unfortunately I did not do a build thread, and now I don't remember too much, which is probably a good sign as any 'horrors' would have stuck in my mind.

On 10/05/2021 at 16:45, twinpin said:

Really well done... Was the paint Acrylic ?

Thank you, the white is Tamiya X2 acrylic, and the dayglo orange is Revell 25. I Remember making some thin card templates as masking guides for the underside chevrons. I.e. I made the orange areas in card, and used them to check where I laid tape for masking the white areas.

Cheers

John

3 hours ago, Viking said:

Nice to see this thread pop back up again after more than 2 years!

I suppose you have me to thank for that... first thing I do when I get a new kit is have a trawl through BM to see what other modellers' experiences of it have been (and nick a few tips 😉)

• Like 1