This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

opus999

Starship Enterprise -- AMT 1:650

2 hours ago, Steve27752 said:

Nice work, this my favourite Enterprise.

Mine too! I think I've built 5 models of it since I was 13. :D

Tragedy struck when our cat knocked the model down off the table. Normally we don't let the cats in that room, but someone left the door open.  All the seams are split, some across the decals. I have no idea how to get it glued together and get the seams looking right without a lot of sanding and that will ruin the decals. Plus I will need to paint the seams and try to match the rest of the body. I suppose I could get another kit, but I didn't really enjoy building this one much.

Right now, I think this is just a candidate for the trash can.

Only just seen this thread - the model looks great (pre-cat attack).  So sorry to read the last post. Put it aside and have another go later.  There are so many good things you have done with this kit!

On 2/3/2019 at 12:40 PM, Anthony Kesterton said:

Only just seen this thread - the model looks great (pre-cat attack).  So sorry to read the last post. Put it aside and have another go later.  There are so many good things you have done with this kit!

Yes, that's probably the best option. I am at a loss how to get it back to where it was, but It can be repaired. It's especially aggravating since it was (is?) a gift. :(

Thanks for the encouragement!