Bristol Blenheim Mk.1

I've just finished this over on the 'Pacific war' GB, build thread can be seen there. I basically built it out of the box, only 'extras' were Tamiya Tape seat belts.

I built up both fuselage half parts, complete with glazing, before joining them together, made the joining of the main wing a little harder but worked out OK. Airbrushed with Vallejo 'ModelAir' paints, Black was 'Ultimate' Black Primer, Alclad Gloss Varnish with Vallejo Matt Varnish. Uschi thread for aerial wire.

Finished in the kit option of Sqn Leader Arthur Scarf VC's aircraft, based in Butterworth at the outbreak of the Japanese invasion in 1941. 

All criticism welcome.

Davey.

DSC_0001DSC_0010DSC_0007DSC_0012DSC_0019

• Like 31

Hi Davey,

OOB works fine. Your build is top notch and the Mk I is the most charismatic Blenheim of all! Now, I have stuck my neck out...

Great work and congrats

JR

• Like 1

Nice job on the build, Davey.  Those aerials look great!  How did the decals lay down for you?  I also used those kit options on my build and had problems getting them to settle down nicely...although mine was probably a case of "operator error."

I agree with the others:  the early Blenheim with its snub-nose looks best.

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks for the kind comments folk's. As a youngster I remember liking the Frog Mk.I compared to Airfix's Mk.IV, can't explain why though?!

9 hours ago, Mark Joyce said:

Nice job on the build, Davey.  Those aerials look great!  How did the decals lay down for you?  I also used those kit options on my build and had problems getting them to settle down nicely...although mine was probably a case of "operator error."

I agree with the others:  the early Blenheim with its snub-nose looks best.

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark. The decals were very good, I used the Micro Set/Sol method, just kept brushing on the Sol and pressing/wiping down till I was satisfied.