airfix 1/24 hawker typhoon

Lawzer

• 1 year later...

well it's been a while since I posted pretty much anything on here.....

even with the extra amount of modelling time due to covid (although I've been back at work for the last 2 months) I haven't got *that* much done.

Managed to get a 1/24 airfix ju87 finished which had sat on the shelf for nearly as long as the typhoon.

So progress from nearly 18 months ago (can;t believe it's that long!):

49990852163_6a7a0d5ac2_b.jpg

49991373471_c2e0e3818f_b.jpg

49990853318_b1e1907be4_b.jpg

Had a bit of a heart stopping moment with the decals.  Got them on easier than I thought (due to their size!) and a few coats of microsol then once dry another coat of gloss coat.  Well didn't all the large decals bubble up......thankfully seem to have settled down...

There's a stencil on each wing just outboard of the outer canon ejection port which says "check firing circuits before connecting leads" (presumably for rocket fittings) and when I came to gloss these one was missing.  For the life of me I could not find the little bugger.  Checked the brush I'd used for the gloss coat and even the blue roll I'd used to remove excess liquid.  After some time of trying to convince myself I'd actually applied it I gave up and went downstairs.  Mrs said to me "what's that on your forehead"?......I'm sure you can guess the rest 🤣

Anyway not too much more to do.  Piping in the wheel bays is the main thing.  Made up the MLG legs - not too convinced they are going to take the weight.......

• Like 8

That looks F****** exceptional!!!!

You are the man!!!

Well done mate - keep it up - bring it home....

...and when can we expect the 1/24 Mosquito ;)

I will buy it for you - if you want to build it.

Steve

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BIG X said:

That looks F****** exceptional!!!!

You are the man!!!

Well done mate - keep it up - bring it home....

...and when can we expect the 1/24 Mosquito ;)

I will buy it for you - if you want to build it.

Steve

A few months back I *bought* one but then the seller sold it to someone else because I took 15 minutes to pay......

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Lawzer said:

A few months back I *bought* one but then the seller sold it to someone else because I took 15 minutes to pay......

That's a bit bad innit - may I treat you???

• 7 months later...

That looks pretty darned epic from where I'm sitting. The engine is impressive and I like the open gunbays.

It makes a nice change to see bombs instead of rockets. The lack of weathering is good too. They were all new at some point.

On 6/10/2020 at 1:39 PM, Lawzer said:

"check firing circuits before connecting leads"

IIRC the rockets weren't connected up until the last minute. 

• Like 1