1/72 Special Hobby Vickers Vildebeest

11 hours ago, Bob C. said:

Now you just need a Swordfish to sit next to it.  Beautiful, fascinating!

What paints did you use?

Bob C

Thanks everyone 😁

Bob.. the silver dope is a aluminium/ light grey mix using Tamiya, but I think I used MRP/ Mr Color/ Vallejo at various stages!

Guy

Edited by Gisbod

Excellent!! Just got mine to the painting stage. Your's has given me a few ideas too....Thanks.  I also had to reduce the cabane struts by about 2mm .. I bottled out on the camo scheme I was originally going to do as there are too many uncertainties with regard whether it should be Dk Earth and Dk Green or Dk Blue and Dk green.... I see you've kept the Scarf ring too instead of fitting the Fairy version..? Any particular reason? 

Guy

Very realistic build and finish. It’s difficult to imagine that small engine generated enough horsepower to lift that airframe.   Very impressed with your painting skills in transitioning from the metal to fabric finishes. 

Charlie

1 hour ago, BristolBlue said:

That is so so far ahead of my ability I’m not even jealous.  That has to be my build of the year.  Stunning at every level.  Inspired not dejected! 

Thanks! That’s very encouraging! Although I’m sure it’s not that good if you look up close!

1 hour ago, Alan Gelo said:

That's a pretty beast! Good job!

What did you use for rigging (did you paint it)?

Cheers

Alex

Plain old monofilament, not painted

4 hours ago, MarkoZG said:

What happened to your upper wing? I don't see such a pronounced dihedral (especially not curved one like yours) on other built Vildebeests nor on real Vildebeest photos.

Thats just how the wing was in the kit? Maybe that’s why the cabane struts were too long? But I had read on someone else’s thread that their cabanes were too long too. It didn’t look warped - perfectly symmetrical...

7 hours ago, keithjs said:

Excellent!! Just got mine to the painting stage. Your's has given me a few ideas too....Thanks.  I also had to reduce the cabane struts by about 2mm .. I bottled out on the camo scheme I was originally going to do as there are too many uncertainties with regard whether it should be Dk Earth and Dk Green or Dk Blue and Dk green.... I see you've kept the Scarf ring too instead of fitting the Fairy version..? Any particular reason? 

Ah so you have the long struts too 🤨. Re the scarf ring - I didn’t know any different...

thanks,

Guy

• Thanks 1