1/72 Special Hobby Vickers Vildebeest

Wow that looks amazing! I bought one of these last week,...... but the rigging is putting me off,...... yours is the bee`s knee`s,..... really nice, well done.

Cheers

Tony

4 hours ago, Andwil said:

Fantastic model.  Looks like a flying suspension bridge!

AW

Yes it does doesn’t it! Incredible how heavy and draggy she must have been but the pilots still flew them in WW2 against zero fighters... 

7 hours ago, Mark Joyce said:

Wow, that's simply stunning work Guy!  Every detail about it is exceptional.  Please tell my you used decals for the red and black on the landing gear; painting them would be tremendously difficult.

Cheers,

Mark

I did Mark, but I cut them short so as to have a gap at the front then painted in the gap. If you can conform them to perfectly fit on that curvature - you’re a better man than me! 

10 hours ago, Truro Model Builder said:

Superb work. Makes me wish I'd bought one at Telford.

Yep, I was seduced by it at Telford. Not normally my scale or era but it just hooked me...

11 hours ago, tonyot said:

Wow that looks amazing! I bought one of these last week,...... but the rigging is putting me off,...... yours is the bee`s knee`s,..... really nice, well done.

Cheers

Tony

The rigging really wasn’t that bad - I make holes through the lower wing and just pull it through. The tough part for me was the upper wing going on - I always struggle with that, but replacing the struts makes that a lot easier.

13 hours ago, pigsty said:

I like it, but I  wonder if you might have shortened those cabane struts a bit too much.

I only shortened the cabane struts to match the outer ones, so they should be spot on.

thanks for all the comments! 

Guy

• Like 1