1/350 Uss Missouri 1991 (Tamiya+Pontos+Infini)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 3:02 PM, Nocoolname said:

Awesome! I have the Revell Platinum Edition New Jersey on the deck and hope I can build it half as good as this!

I actually dumped my Revell kit due to it being a monstrosity even with the AM parts and bought the Tamiya version with the Pontos set instead. Hopefully I can get it looking even half as good as this.

• 3 months later...

Hey,

Yes I use masking to create the "oil canning" effect.

First base coat of gray and then using a piece of masking tape starting with the horizontal lines to mask the lines and spraying lighter shade of the gray.

After that the vertical lines are sprayed and after this the effect is toned down with overspray.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2019 at 2:57 PM, Koppalakki said:

Hey,

Yes I use masking to create the "oil canning" effect.

First base coat of gray and then using a piece of masking tape starting with the horizontal lines to mask the lines and spraying lighter shade of the gray.

After that the vertical lines are sprayed and after this the effect is toned down with overspray.

All the more impressive that you managed this with all the added detail already applied!

It's an extraordinary build, definitely one of the best models of this subject I've seen. Inspirational stuff!

Alan

Edited by Alan P