Airfix Advent Calendar

GreenDragon

Airfix have brought back the Advent Calendar! First one is a comp for the 1/24th scale car door Typhoon.

Paul Harrison

• Like 1

Hope they add 'teasers' to 2019 kits b4 the formal announcement.  I loved those in previous years.

I know how excited I'll be if there's something that looks like a Mosquito . . .

. . . or a Hornet.

• Like 3

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/advent-calendar

Advent.jpg

- 01/12 - WIN a Hawker Typhoon Mk.1B 'Car Door' in time for Christmas ! - link

- 02/12 - The Airfix Forum Christmas Competition - The prize this year is a A50181 RAF Centenary Gift Set. - link

- 03/12 - The Dambusters - A special breed of airmen - link

- 04/12 - Struggling for some gift inspiration? - link

- 05/12 - Christmas Customer Image Competition - link

- 06/12 - Would you like a brand-new Airfix kit this Christmas? - link

- 07/12 -

- 08/12 -

- 09/12 -

- 10/12 -

- 11/12 -

- 12/12 -

To be followed.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

8 hours ago, mike romeo said:

I know how excited I'll be if there's something that looks like a Mosquito . . .

. . . or a Hornet.

or a reference to the capital of Australia... 🇦🇺 or perhaps a swashbuckling pirate  :pirate:....  :lalala:

Edited by RichG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Il’l be excited if this thread doesn’t turn into an Airfix Wishlist like the other 29 Airfix Wishlist threads that seem to be perpetually running... 

Kudos to Airfix marketing team for really understanding how to engage with its customer base and driving discussion and brand awareness..

Fingers crossed I win the 1/24 Typhoon...

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Plasto said:

Fingers crossed I win the 1/24 Typhoon..

You were going to get a Like till I read this bit but seeing as I'm quite keen on it too, I'm not going to now. :D;)

Steve.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Plasto said:

Il’l be excited if this thread doesn’t turn into an Airfix Wishlist

:santa: bah humbug! You know you want to let Santa know what you'd like him to get you next year...

Edited by RichG
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, RichG said:

:santa: bah humbug! You know you want to let Santa know what you'd like him to get you next year...

Yep so I’ll use inevitable Airfix 2019 / 2020 Wishlist thread that will surface.....

I’m not sure ‘santa’ actually listens to Wishlist threads but I do know santa’s Elves think there good as they keep Santa’s brand front of house...

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

You were going to get a Like till I read this bit but seeing as I'm quite keen on it too, I'm not going to now. :D;)

Steve.

I hope you win as well Steve. I really don’t need a 1/24 typhoon. Plus there the messing around with youshop to get it here.

Good luck you and the other entrants.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2018 at 8:29 PM, Plasto said:

Il’l be excited if this thread doesn’t turn into an Airfix Wishlist like the other 29 Airfix Wishlist threads that seem to be perpetually running... 

Kudos to Airfix marketing team for really understanding how to engage with its customer base and driving discussion and brand awareness..

Fingers crossed I win the 1/24 Typhoon...

Bah, humbug! 😁

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, mike romeo said:

Bah, humbug! 😁

Indeed... Like Scrooge I was visited by the threads of Christmas past.

Christmas Present....

Christmas Future has yet to turn up I’m not sure what it will say but I’m picking it will be around 40 pages long and contain the word Spitfire and phrases like ‘long over due’ , ‘not my scale’ and ‘increasingly expensive’.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, PLC1966 said:

Captain Redbeard Rum ?

Airfix gonna make his boat ? 

Aaaaaaahrrrrr Aaaaaaahrrrrr Aaaaaaaaaaahrrrrr. A masterly plan, me young master... and maybe that of Sir Walter "Oooh what a big ship I've got" Raleigh too.🙂

Edited by RichG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:17 PM, Plasto said:

Indeed... Like Scrooge I was visited by the threads of Christmas past.

Christmas Present....

Christmas Future has yet to turn up I’m not sure what it will say but I’m picking it will be around 40 pages long and contain the word Spitfire and phrases like ‘long over due’ , ‘not my scale’ and ‘increasingly expensive’.

You forgot to add "iconic", "no line up would be complete without" and, "why do this when modellers are screaming for (insert)". To name but a few popular clichés!:wicked::whistle:

Allan

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:32 AM, stevehnz said:

plus I'd love just to fondle one. :D

Steve.

It's still legal in New Zealand then ??? :whistle:

Richard

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, jenko said:
On 12/3/2018 at 3:32 PM, stevehnz said:

plus I'd love just to fondle one. :D

Steve.

Richard

Maybe I should have better defined what I wished to fondle, I can sense some confusion in some minds. Never mind the besmirching of the Kiwi character. :D

Steve. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Albeback52 said:

You forgot to add "iconic", "no line up would be complete without" and, "why do this when modellers are screaming for (insert)". To name but a few popular clichés!:wicked::whistle:

Allan

Add to this "surely missed a trick" and "the anniversary of"  Perhaps 2019 will bring us some more clichés...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Denford said:

Add to this "surely missed a trick" and "the anniversary of"  Perhaps 2019 will bring us some more clichés...

Sorry! I forgot about those ones!:lol:

Allan

ps and almost forgot "surely a guaranteed best seller"!

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jenko said:

Richard

Yes only for Rugby World Cups.. (I understand that’s Banned in England now. Is that correct???)

It’s also socially allowed for wing nut wings kits which is evidenced every Saturday in my LHS... There is some talk of Parliment repealing the tort with the forthcoming release of the 1/32 Lancaster... I think the hope here is that this may spur SPJ to green light the WNW Spitfire mk1 which would give the economy a major boost...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/6/2018 at 9:31 PM, stevehnz said:

Maybe I should have better defined what I wished to fondle, I can sense some confusion in some minds. Never mind the besmirching of the Kiwi character. :D

Steve. 

I think Airfix have already had a go at the New Zealand Character

32342921748_ef69545f1a_b.jpg

• Haha 5