1/48 - Sukhoi Su-27 & UB "Flanker-B & C", Su-30SM "Flanker-H", Shenyang J-11 & J-16 by Zimi Model (ex Kitty Hawk) - Su-27, UB & Su-30MK & SM released

Homebee

18 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Hi, Sebastien, this Chinese ebay seller is definitely a reliable source with often interesting prices for the KittyHawk kits. Just be aware "This seller is currently away until 01 Jul, 2020. If you make a purchase, there may be a delay in processing your order."

Thanks for the heads-up. I do order from this seller from time to time, and apart from interestingly packaged deliveries, he is indeed quite reliable.

I think I'll wait for the GWH Flankers, though, unless I see a good review of these ones (and I'm definitely not talking of in-box reviews which are a bit less reliable than next year weather forecast).

Cheers,

S.

Released at LM

https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KH80163

https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KH80168

https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KH80169

Sprues pics - ref. KH80163 - Sukhoi Su-27 "Flanker-B"

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6768839715

url%5D

url%5D

url%5D

spacer.png

url%5D

url%5D

url%5D

url%5D

url%5D

url%5D

url%5D

url%5D

url%5D

url%5D

url%5D

url%5D

url%5D

6266d3d7912397ddf2dcb1554e82b2b7d1a2879c

cddeba380cd79123c545bd25ba345982b3b7809c

a61a72345982b2b7873a109526adcbef77099b9c

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

I think I'll wait for GWH to release the single seater.

I don't like the way the engine nacelles are done (TBH, I don't like all the work I'd have to do to get the intake/engine joint even remotely clean).

Cheers,

S.

Well I am not a big fan of the open engine panels. But I will give them kudos for including the parts to do both the older Su-27P and the newer Su-27SM. I Hope GWH does the same thing. And the MLG wheel wells are molded at the right angle!

On the other hand, I think open engine panels are a pretty cool addition which normally requires cutting (as long as the covers fit well, of course). The intakes will hopefully have a realistic rounded shape in the back and I also like the seemingly high detail level requiring minimal amounts of PE.

It's one major aspect where GWH MiG-29 falls short, IMHO (bad fit of the intakes, including tabs which don't match and in general lack of interior intake details, especially for the auxiliary intakes). I ended up just closing the intakes, but as a whole, given the level of detail elsewhere (and the price), I felt they should have gone the extra mile there beyond the bare essentials.

I also didn't build a Kitty Hawk kit yet so I'm ready to give it a try over GWH expecting a better bang for the buck (better detail level for a lower price)? I hope the fit has improved. I did buy their MiG-25PD, but quickly sold it reading all the things they got wrong there.

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, boom175 said:

Well I am not a big fan of the open engine panels. But I will give them kudos for including the parts to do both the older Su-27P and the newer Su-27SM. I Hope GWH does the same thing. And the MLG wheel wells are molded at the right angle!

at least that way the detailed engines make some sense compared to most kits including them...

3 hours ago, exdraken said:

at least that way the detailed engines make some sense compared to most kits including them...

To be fair, on their MiG-29 kits, the engine nacelle covers on the bottom can be left off to show off the engine(s).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muzz said:

The three kits (27B, UB and Su-30MK) showing as in stock at Lucky Model now.

Make sure to ask about the current shipping timeframe due to the Covid 19 shutdowns.  I had an order sit there for 3 months before I eventually cancelled as the kit had arrived here already. They said they would update on the email notices but I haven't seen any change.

• Like 1

My Great Wall Hobby SU-35S Flanker E shipped air from China to Toronto took about 1 month (held up a few days in TO)
Other kits I had shipped using China's ePacket (what most China EBay sellers use that offer free shipping) took almost 2 months.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 3:13 AM, Muzz said:

The three kits (27B, UB and Su-30MK) showing as in stock at Lucky Model now.

Confirmed on Kitty Hawk's Facebook: 
Kitty Hawk 1/48 KH80163 Su-27 Flanker-B (Now shipping)
Kitty Hawk 1/48 KH80168 Su-27UB Flanker-C (Now shipping)
Kitty Hawk 1/48 KH80169 Su-30MK Flanker-C (Now shipping)
Unconfirmed:
Kitty Hawk 1/48 KH80171 Su-30SM Flanker-C/H

New updated decal sheet  HD 48022 for the Su-27 Flanker B & Su-27UB Flanker C from Hi-Decal:

Su-27S Flanker B:
- "1953" 1st Fighter Sqn, Ethiopian Air Force with correct current insignia and kill marking, 2010 (MiG-29 killer) 
- "608" 6th Fighter Squadron Eritrean Air Force, 2005 in splinter camo and fake canopy
- "C110" 13th Fighter Squadron Angolan Air Force, 2006 in sand/green/ olive jungle camo

Su-27 SK Flanker B:
- "TS-2701" 11th Fighter Squadron, Indonesian Air Force 2003 in disruptive grey camo

Su-27UB Flanker C
- "I 100" 13th Fighter Squadron Angolan Air Force, 2006 in sand/ green/olive jungle camo.

-  "609" 6th Fighter Squadron Eritrean Air Force, 2005 in splinter camo and fake canopy

HD48022B.jpg?t=

Edited by Diego
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2020 at 11:16 AM, Diego said:

New updated decal sheet  HD 48022 for the Su-27 Flanker B & Su-27UB Flanker C from Hi-Decal:

Su-27S Flanker B:
- "1953" 1st Fighter Sqn, Ethiopian Air Force with correct current insignia and kill marking, 2010 (MiG-29 killer) 
- "608" 6th Fighter Squadron Eritrean Air Force, 2005 in splinter camo and fake canopy
- "C110" 13th Fighter Squadron Angolan Air Force, 2006 in sand/green/ olive jungle camo

Su-27 SK Flanker B:
- "TS-2701" 11th Fighter Squadron, Indonesian Air Force 2003 in disruptive grey camo

Su-27UB Flanker C
- "I 100" 13th Fighter Squadron Angolan Air Force, 2006 in sand/ green/olive jungle camo.

-  "609" 6th Fighter Squadron Eritrean Air Force, 2005 in splinter camo and fake canopy

Nice!

Is the update specifically sized to a certain kit?

What is the updated  aspect?

2 hours ago, Paul Simon said:

Kitty Hawk - Sophia Lynm on Facebook [email protected]
Trumpeter support - [email protected]
GWH - no customer support

Can verify Kitty Hawk support, for sure. I had their 1:35 HH-60G arrive minus one very important sprue and Sophia was very quick and efficient in sending me the missing item. 

Cannot speak for Trumpeter but never had any issues with the 50+ GWH kits that I have bought over the years.

On the main subject of this thread, while I am very tempted by the Kitty Hawk offerings I think I can wait a bit longer for the GWH rendition or maybe even a Zvedza kit - if the latter were anything like their 1:72 kits I think they would be a reall winner, especially on price. A GWH kit based on their sublime Su-35 series would be hard to beat too.

Just arrived (20 minutes ago):

#80169  Su-30MK, ordered on 06/07/2020 (Monday this week) via ebay.com, offering from sophili-98 (KH directly), delivered with FedEx International Priority.

VERY first impression:

ususal booklet with 32 pages, 3 decal sheets (<markings,<stencils,<weapon load for #KH80163 -unused-), NO external stores!!, only wing katamaran weapon carrier. 2 clear sprues , one for twinseater, one for single seater (have to check if identical with Su-35 kit).

From first glance no moulding mistakes, but an evidantal (easy to correct) engineering fault

see: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/306336-su-27-kitty-hawk-148/page/2/#comments

though seemingly the design was ok as the instruction show things correctly

Cheers

Andreas Beck,Berlin

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 12:02 PM, ABeck said:

Just arrived (20 minutes ago):

#80169  Su-30MK, ordered on 06/07/2020 (Monday this week) via ebay.com, offering from sophili-98 (KH directly), delivered with FedEx International Priority.

VERY first impression:

ususal booklet with 32 pages, 3 decal sheets (<markings,<stencils,<weapon load for #KH80163 -unused-), NO external stores!!, only wing katamaran weapon carrier. 2 clear sprues , one for twinseater, one for single seater (have to check if identical with Su-35 kit).

From first glance no moulding mistakes, but an evidantal (easy to correct) engineering fault

see: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/306336-su-27-kitty-hawk-148/page/2/#comments

though seemingly the design was ok as the instruction show things correctly

Cheers

Andreas Beck,Berlin

Please some more photos,dryfit canopy etc....

Thx!!!

On 7/8/2020 at 10:41 PM, exdraken said:

Nice!

Is the update specifically sized to a certain kit?

What is the updated  aspect?

Well, you can use these decals on any "good proportionned" Su-27...( KH, GWH, HB or Academy)

The update is concering a. o. the current Ethiopian markings applied on the #1953 MiG-29 Killer- this sheet is the only one offering a correct rendering of these complicated markings. Also markings for the Angolan and Eritrean aircraft have been updated using recently available material.

Greetings

Diego

• 2 weeks later...