Revell 1/72 Catalina US Navy.

Thank's Tony,not sure of the size,the large radome is in the kit the video shows a small version on the upper wing might have a spare ww2 type in my

collection.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Thank's Tony,not sure of the size,the large radome is in the kit the video shows a small version on the upper wing might have a spare ww2 type in my

collection.

I see what you mean about the top of the wing,........ it isn`t a radome mate it is a radio DF Look `acorn' fairing,...... the same as found on many 1040`s-50`s US aircraft, Dakota`s had them under the nose and lots of types had them above the fuselage,..... have you got any in your spares box? Either that or an unmade kit which may have one on the sprue?

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tonyot said:

I see what you mean about the top of the wing,........ it isn`t a radome mate it is a radio DF Look `acorn' fairing,...... the same as found on many 1040`s-50`s US aircraft, Dakota`s had them under the nose and lots of types had them above the fuselage,..... have you got any in your spares box? Either that or an unmade kit which may have one on the sprue?

Cheers

Tony

Thank's Tony I'm sure I have one or two lurking!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 5:23 AM, tonyot said:

Looks great Steve,..... the orange band really sets it off too!

I love it when the decals start to go on!

Ahhh Tony, I see a green band, unless Steve repainted it between our comments? :D

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I love it when the decals start to go on!

Ahhh Tony, I see a green band, unless Steve repainted it between our comments? :D

Oh yeah,...... it was hard to make out but tweaked my screen and hey presto,.....GREEN!!!  I was expecting a reserve Orange stripe and just presumed when I couldn`t make out the colour!  

• Like 3

Hi folk's,yes the colour  sheet calls for green and as usual Revell give you mixes of their paint I just went off the colour on the old Matchbox 

Corsair from many moon's ago!

• 3 weeks later...