IT'S TIME...AMBUSH!!, GERMAN TANK DESTROYERS VOL.1, JAGDPANZER IV L/48 ITALERI 1/35** FINISHED**

Hi Pals, I finally end the model, because I have not had much time to dedicate myself to the hobby.

This kit, I have not been very happy to work, maybe someone with more skill than I do not think the same, I think it
is quite difficult for average modelers, not for anything in particular, just because IMHO is not very well designed,
what which causes "unnecessary" assembly problems, but anyway if it has been a good subject to test techniques.

I would have loved to have done Zimmerit, but with how difficult it has been for me, along with the PEs, I've been
overcome, after all it's about enjoying ... lol, maybe later.

I'm not totally satisfied with the color of the model, but I have not managed to find the color combination I was
looking for. Mostly because with the weathering it has become darker than I would have liked, and it is an issue that
I have to improve ... weathering is a process that "always" will overshadow the final aspect of the model ...

I think that for the next model (also of the same series), I will be more prepared to face the problems that arise,
and obtain an optimal result.

As always, thanks for watching and commenting :bye:

Link to WIP section.

RYjeFnL.jpg

WSBazUH.jpg

AJzEc8O.jpg

HmmTf42.jpg

A88F64s.jpg

KYDlRIg.jpg

by215S6.jpg

6MfNigE.jpg

wQghxd5.jpg

st4jhAG.jpg

tSKefcX.jpg

wtkJD3n.jpg

NShQtNK.jpg

bKSkVmH.jpg

taYHsQP.jpg

HfU5rYI.jpg

4Gnn9LU.jpg

2MS5TgV.jpg

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 28

Hi Francis,

Sorry I missed your WIP - I've been too busy on my own projects to have time to look at everyone else's work - so I will most likely be asking questions you've already answered there.

First off though, I'd like to say you've done a grand job, as usual and it looks even better for the base. I really love the bicycle on the back was well. I have to remind myself that this Jagdpanzer is 1/48th, because it looks to be painted to 1/35th standard and details.

I like the rust and mud effects, the weathering and the muted camo.

I can see where you've had issues though. Clearly you had problems with the tracks - the photo of the underside shows the wonky and uneven link-spacing/breakage at the drive sprocket. And I'm sure you realised you'd put one track on backwards, but decided to leave it as is, rather than try to take it off and refit it. I think that was probably a wise decision - and I believe some tracks were put on backwards (there was a discussion or two about this, but I forget what the final decision was on that score)

I will say that I think you totally overdid it with the leaves though. Too many, and too many in improbable places. If they'd been strung up on camo netting, then it would have been fine, or even brilliant, but just having stuck on like that (presumably whilst wet from rain or driving through puddles) I cannot believe that they stayed there when dry.

Still, I get the impression (from your intro) that this build became frustrating and turned more into a 'test-bed' for a variety of techniques. In that case, I can forgive the leaves.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

Very nice.   The exhaust looks very convincing, as does the weathering and tones.   The bike though I don't think works due to the lack of spoke detail, you could add some extra spokes.   I agree with Badder about the leaves though..... Less is more.

• Thanks 1

Nice build Francis. I agree with what has been said about the leaves and the bike. Those spokes spoil it. Perhaps if you could get hold of an etched brass set for them, it would look much better. 

John.

• Thanks 1

On 01/12/2018 at 17:33, Buzby061 said:

Lovely work, the base sets it off nicely. 

Looking at the finished result I wouldn't have thought you'd had any problems with it.

Pete

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it. The base is just a "patch" prepared, waiting for some day to decide to use it ... lol, but decided to test it to vr as it was with the kit.

Well yes, I think that in the corresponding WIP section, I mentioned something, but basically, the kit has some important adjustment defects, the tracks were very "hard" to work with, and although this is already my business, the color combination of the camo, I did not stay as I liked, but ... again it will be better (I hope ... lol)

Cheers Pete 👍

On 01/12/2018 at 22:27, Badder said:

Hi Francis,

Hi Badder,

As always, a pleasure to say hello, thanks for your kind words, like and follow. Do not worry, something similar has happened to me, although instead of dedicating myself to my kits, I've seen the others (more or less), because it is more lax ... 🛌lol, because of issues unrelated to the hobby. ..

I have to tell you that the model is 1/35, maybe you see the number 48, but this refers to the length of the barrel, as you well know of course, L48 (calibers), /75 mm, maybe that's why it's finished with appearance from kit to 1/35 ...👓 😊

The bike is a rest of the kits I did when I was younger (Italeri too), and I do not know where I saw it, but I liked the subject, and decided to put it in the vehicle. It's a shame that the spokes of the wheels are so basic ...

The tracks have been a real headache, and also when it was finished, I fell off the shelf, with damage to tracks and wheels, apart from several others, and it has been a short time before I forgot ...:deadhorse:

The leaves have served to "hide" as much as possible errors that were very difficult to fix (at least for me), so it can be something excessive, I know.

The kit, I was disappointed, I expected something more quality (not a Takom or a Meng, of course, but Italeri, has pretty good things, is not among them ... lol), and before leaving it impossible or try techniques, so I opted as well you say for the second.
I'm not very satisfied with the result, but I think the next one (VOl.2) will be better.

I hope your work goes as well as possible, and my apology for not being more regular with them.
In case we do not "speak" soon, have happy holidays and prosperous new year.:santa:

• Like 1

On 02/12/2018 at 13:25, Hairtrigger said:

Very nice.   The exhaust looks very convincing, as does the weathering and tones.   The bike though I don't think works due to the lack of spoke detail, you could add some extra spokes.   I agree with Badder about the leaves though..... Less is more.

Many thanks for your kind words and your like, i'm glad you like it. 

The bike, was just a small addition that had spare (and super-oldie), because more than anything what I liked was the idea of adding it to the vehicle, but was aware of the lack of detail in their wheels ...
Maybe I'll take some time to improve it, but, having kits in "secret stash" ... it's too tempting ... lol

The leaves will be less in the next model, I promise ...😊

Cheers Hairtrigger :santa:

• Haha 1

On 02/12/2018 at 13:59, PlaStix said:

Hi Francis. Well despite the issues you had you have built a great looking Jagdpanzer! Very well done. :clap2::thumbsup::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Many thanks for your kind words and follow, i'm glad you like it, I hope the next one comes out better ...:deadhorse:

Cheers Stix :santa:

• Like 1

On 03/12/2018 at 09:20, Bullbasket said:

Nice build Francis. I agree with what has been said about the leaves and the bike. Those spokes spoil it. Perhaps if you could get hold of an etched brass set for them, it would look much better. 

John.

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it, You are absolutely right, as I said before, it was a small detail that I liked to include, even though I was aware of the lack of detail. Maybe I'll give you some time, but with more complete kits asking for an opportunity ... lol

Cheers John :santa:

• Like 1