Unicraft (resin) 1/48th Fu-24 Fletcher

Radleigh

Holy mother of.....I had to campaign like crazy until I found someone, Igor at Unicraft, who was interested in making a 1/72 Fletcher kit. I supplied him with as many photos and drawings as I could and I think it did pretty well. And now he's done it in 1/48? Amazing! I'm speechless!!!

I figured he could've given me a heads-up.... 😂

And he's put the cargo door on both sides again. Oh dear. I've just emailed him. 

Edited by k5054nz
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Now have the 1/48 kit.  It has plenty of potential - although will certainly be a bit of work. Yes - cargo doors on both sides (easily fixed once glued and puttied), oh and the undercarriage is supplied with retractable wheel wells. Again - easily fixed.  Plenty of decal options via OldModel decals in NZ for this iconic cropduster (topdresser!).   

(postscript - I scratchbuilt one of these about 20 years ago. Always room for another though...)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ianwau said:

(...) although will certainly be a bit of work. (...)

A really polite way and politically correct description from the Unicraft products...

As their resin parts are usually just like failed cookies!

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

1 hour ago, Homebee said:

failed cookies

Ahhh - so diplomatic - but I'd rather a failed cookie than going hungry? This one is actually a good kick start for anyone keen on the subject - external surfaces are clean, basic shape looks good. Will draw on the modelling skills though (like a sponge).  Maybe I should post a bit of a 'build' on this one?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1