Soviet ship-killer

• 2 weeks later...

I’m putting this build on hold for now. There seems to have been a reaction between the Alclad and the primer that looks like it’s caused bubbles to form under the paint in a few places. The whole thing needs to be stripped down and repainted.

Between the paint problem and the broken undercarriage this is becoming one of those models that doesn’t want to be built. It’s also not the kind of modelling I want to be doing at the moment - right now I need to be building things that go together nicely and allow me to while away a few effortless hours at a time. I’m making good progress with the C-47TP and just started an Eduard Spitfire so I’m going to concentrate on those. I’ll come back to the Blinder but it might have to wait a while.

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Unfortunate problem Julian, hopefully, you can get time to get back to it a later date and finish it off.

I will just have to keep an eye on the C-47 now :D

Thanks Ray. I’m being pretty zen about it! If I’m not enjoying a build I might as well put it to one side and do something that works for me - and I’m really enjoying the C-47 build.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...