Revell Eurofighter EF-2000S Typhoon 1/48 LUFTWAFFE "10 JAHRE"

Kibar

Hallo everybody,

I started a new project, Eurofighter Typhoon with a lovely tail art. I used Revell's Tiger Day version, decals from ModelMaker and PE set from Eduard. So far I find the kit not as precise in fitting like many modern kits. Well, I don't know better kit in this scale anyway and Tiger was a bargain!

K.

r1hhE-41rD_lUT-U995ztVhKfoLtyhnKTx5a0l6-hKuQVTkNCqp66WxIdVxQrkR-4Kos05dBBaJ5y_ZvghyVFVKZPOHeebT8IuELGUcP0MPE3gZQ-D1kbi-ckPOpouY5_cphhka1pKZ496-QtYK_rNJuWmTp_S8u

• Like 8

15 hours ago, RJ-WobblyHands said:

nice seat !  wish I had not seen that - I was going to build my EuroFighter OOB , I have the Revell  'Bronze Tiger' Kit but will be purchasing decals for a UK Squadron ( not decided yet - demo bird, QRA  ).

Eduars's parts really brought cockpit to live!

W_Z19tzCvrtQXC7quEmNIWJ1ayCQI6NVo1mBBayG

• Like 2

She has wings! Canopy is a little bit tinted, just like the real thing though I must admit I haven't seen a real thing yet. Anyway overall shape looks right judging by the reference photos. Intakes were a nightmare (lots of putty and sanding, sanding, sanding) but fitment of other parts is actually not bad :)

g2uZOLxmUhsVssaenJpJIllzvAuwvK_5uHfsgqlyO1MjJMh0gbnkGirhwykar90TC2f7xeHLRCf4RWq1

• Like 2

That was quick!

Looking at my unbuilt Typhoon it appears to be similar to many Jet kits in that once a few sub assemblies are together you very quickly have an aeroplane!

Looking forward to your progress, I'm planning to blank my intakes with home made FOD covers.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2018 at 7:54 PM, exdraken said:

very  nice!

yes, the intake is a bit problematic.....

what about the white wing?

cheers!

I just had enough primer in my paintbrush to cover one ))) So it is not white, it's "natural: Revell plastic 🙂 

• Like 1

I really fell in love with the shape of the plane and decided to build it with canopy closed. Open one kinda ruins the beautiful line from nose tip to the tail. Kit though doesn't impress at all.

KI0viydsaMRuDL8siPI3_EKx7l20lZg1DFMiC9sDjSUFAp1rKBY4coEt6FshUEwRc7XQGi2D4EudOoCdeIt2_RovM9ziesSeccgbz8XVKucO9WqomuCLy4bw

• Like 3

Slowly getting there... Not impressed by the decals, stencils are worthless, their "shade of grey" is totally invisible on top of FS35237, Luftwaffe colour of choice. Size of the tailart is slightly incorrect. Sloppy job by ModelMaker. Or may be they had Italeri kit in their minds?

hbDfEbloEb0SPkLDO_Oe-Tryfv5Ocrx_mwU6iaXx

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Looking nice though!

Maybe the Revell stencils are better?

I do think so, but unfortunately I have a Tiger version and all the stencils are messed up with these "Tiger stripes". Anyway, I am committed to finish the model without additional investments, by now it's a kind of willpower exercise ))))