Mitsubishi G3M2 Nell, Hasegawa 1/72

Hello,

this is from 3 years back, very nice kit, classic Hasegawa quality. Used the Eduard photoetched set, Vector resin engines, Fine Molds and Mini World MGs, plus some minor scratchbuilding.
Colours are all Gunze acrylics and some alclad for the metalics. All insignia is painted on, except for small Japanese print on the aft fuselage.
Not the best of efforts, but I think worth looking.
Hope you like it.
Cheers

Alex
IMG_5020.jpgIMG_5018.jpgIMG_5017.jpgIMG_5015.jpgIMG_5006.jpgIMG_5004.jpgIMG_5000.jpgIMG_4999.jpgIMG_4998.jpgIMG_4997.jpgIMG_4995.jpgIMG_4993.jpgIMG_4992.jpgIMG_4990.jpg

• Like 47

A wonderful model. The colours look superbly correct and the weathering is nice. It's a great idea to show the port engine cowlings removed. I prefer models like yours with a focus on detail rather than exaggerated weathering effects.

Bravo! Michael

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Toryu said:

A wonderful model. The colours look superbly correct and the weathering is nice. It's a great idea to show the port engine cowlings removed. I prefer models like yours with a focus on detail rather than exaggerated weathering effects.

Bravo! Michael

Thank you Michael!
Yes, I don't like the "tank" weathering effect on airplanes...it's just so wrong...
Cheers

Alex

Wow, yet another masterpiece Alan.  For some reason, the Nell has always been my favorite World War II Japanese aircraft. You captured it beautifully. Are the panel lines done with thinned oil paint? Please keep the builds coming! Thanks Alan.

4 hours ago, Hobo said:

Wow, yet another masterpiece Alan.  For some reason, the Nell has always been my favorite World War II Japanese aircraft. You captured it beautifully. Are the panel lines done with thinned oil paint? Please keep the builds coming! Thanks Alan.

Thanks Hobo!
Yes, the panel lines have received a black-burnt umber oil wash. I have also sprayed them with a highly thinned down mix of black and red brown.

I'd like to do a NMF Nell in the future...too  many models...so little time...
A.

Edited by Alan Gelo

This is one of my favorite Nell. It's 3 years already? It inspired me to start one. i got it the the painting stage but didn't proceed beyond that. You just reminded me to pick it up again.

Yours is very nice.

Nanond

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Alan Gelo said:

Thank you Michael!
Yes, I don't like the "tank" weathering effect on airplanes...it's just so wrong...
Cheers

Alex

It's seriously overdone on some tanks too!

A great build, simply lovely to look at.

• Thanks 1

Wow, she's a beaut! I think the Nell is such an elegant aircraft. I think you've weathered this one beautifully -- it's very realistic looking.  I also like how you were able to make the paint finish look weather-worn. Great job!

I'd love to do a Hasagawa Nell, but I don't know where I'd put it. :)

• Thanks 1