1/48 Lockheed Vega Amelia Earhart Model

Craggus2000

Hi all,
I'm new here and looking to get back in to the model-making scene, having done a few when I was a boy...
I'm currently looking in to getting the AMT950 Lockheed Vega 1/48 model to build with my daughter who loves reading about Amelia Earhart - thought it would be a good Daddy-Daughter project for Christmas.
So I'm looking for a set of decals to use as the ones that come in the kit are Shell Branded and not the correct decals for the Earhart Vega 5C Little Red Wagon.
The only place I've seen is Red Pegasus, but they are not currently selling and not contactable.
Does anyone have a scan of the decals they can send so I can make my own, or know where I can get a set from please?
Many thanks,
Craggus2000

2 hours ago, Craggus2000 said:

The only place I've seen is Red Pegasus, but they are not currently selling and not contactable.

I'm afraid I can't help with Amelia markings, but I can advise that Red Pegasus isn't contactable because the owner-designer-manufacturer died last year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is good news.I boughtsome decals from Keith and they are really nice. Good if someone will rerelease them.

I have no decals of the red Vega NR-7952 with gold trim, neither Red Pegasus or any other but If you can do your own rather easily I guess. The letters seem to be Amarillo font which is free to download. The gold trim has a very similar shape as the blue trim of the Winnie Mae decalsincluded in the kit. So you can scann and trace them.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...