Hello all Steve here

St3v3g

Yes it is. It has taken quite a long time.  Lots of detail. Just finished most of the internal bits. Working on the exterior at the moment all bits airbrushed red. Now doing the detail on that. A good few weeks left.  @Scimitar

Edited by St3v3g
  • Like 1

Welcome Steve, I'm sure you'll find us a friendly mob full of good advise when needed, there is a huge pool of experience in pretty much every area of modelling to be found here. The bus looks impressive, looking forward to seeing the end result.

Steve.

Hi Steve. 

I will definitely be posting the end results. Always looking for bits of information. Not really looked into weathering yet. But looking at making this my next move. 

Steve. 

Hi Steve and welcome, I too am new here.

I'd love to get my hands on a whole fleet of those Revell Routemasters, just to paint them up in the garish liveries used up and down the country in the late 80s/ early 90s. Strathtay Scottish is a favourite.

Look forward to seeing yours when its done!

Best

Chris

• Like 1

hi Steve ,

wot RED did you use ?

Bein' in OZ  Nobody is willin' to send me Tinlets of LT Red .......not even by Land !

was told "I am TOO BUSY " to visit the P/O to price the  Land Postage cost  hhhhhhrrrr !

........ then I discovered HUMBROL # 60 Scarlet, close enuff ?

Geoff

F.T.G. 3156

• Like 1

hi Steve,

thanks for your Reply, yep Aussie's do have that REVELL  Acrylic Paint down here

I already have HUMBROL's FERRARI RED, but havin' seen the real thing when I visited the U.K.in 2014

I think the HUMBROL  #60 Scarlet is pretty close a match .

Any suggestions for the HALIFAX / GLASGOW  of the 60's 70's Apple Green ?

Are HUMBROL RAIL COLOURS still in exsistence ?

.....have had a lot of trouble tryin' to git that Colour right    hhhhhhrrrr !

However I bought a tinlet of HUMBROL #208 Fluorescent Green, and with a dab of Grey just might do it

Will be beamin' Photo's of My  EFE HEBDON BRIDGE D/Decker adorned with Local Ads sometime soon.

Real Busineses but never happened as far as I know

mumbatatshunzz !

Geoff

F.T.G. 3156

• Like 1

http://www.gaugemaster.com/revell/Revell_Paint_Conversion_Chart.pdf

@G.E.SAUNDERS this is a paint conversion chart I use. But very limited to four brands of paint.  Sorry never heard of rail colours. Look forward to seeing your model soon. 

Steve. 

hi all ,

I have seen that Revell Paint Conversion Chart.

The HUMBROL  Chart I am referencin' has (10 ) Conversions , including Wargamers Paints

..........would be about (10) years old at least.

Have you gone to the Svedish   ipsmstockholm.org/colorcharts/stuff  Site ?

......... It's all there but dated by now ( Sept 2006)

Had success with the Halifax /Glasgow Apple Green by mixing a base colour of Humbrol Fluoro Green

with EXTRCOLOR  X-11 RAF Trainer Yellow...... BINGO !   🙂

cheery "Pre Christmas " mumbas !

Geoff

F.T.G. 3156

🖥️🙂🐱🐱

hi  ALL 'n' Steve ,

found on eBay a Seller " toyguy2213 " sellin'  HUMBROL Railway Colours Paint.

...... and He/She is only over the North side of Melbourne from me ..

I ordered the Colours I wanted and more "free" postage on some Items !

cheery  "Weekend Modellin'" mumbaas !

Geoff

F.TY. 3156

🖥️🙂🐱🐱

On 28/11/2018 at 19:38, St3v3g said:

At present working on the revell London Bus.

You must be very small.  Do they pay well? :clown:

:welcome: aboard - what's going on with your avatar pic?  It seems to have slipped and fallen into the text below :hmmm:

• Like 1

hi Steve ,

I have beamed photos of the EFE Daimler ORION CV6G ?

It's adorned with Self Printed Ads of Local Businesses

Hope you like

Will be sendin the D/D to a Friend in MYTHOLROYD ( Hebdon Bridge ) next year

She actually drinks at the Shoulder of Mutton....round the Corner up the Road

STOPPRESSSTOPRESS:

Steve, havin' troubles tryin' to beam pics of my HebdonBridge  D/D

to  BM,............ it used to be easy for a mug like me to do ....not now !   g.g.m.s. !

.........not allowed to swap Email Adresses words is we ?

Geoff

F.T.G. 3156

15 hours ago, St3v3g said:

Got no idea what’s going on with it. Must be a fault somehow.

Seems ok now :shrug: If it's ok now, it has clearly fixed itself.  The best kind of glitch :yes:

• Like 1

hi Steve ,

can't get a Sign Up with FLICKA  🖥️😚     ☹️

Keeps tellin' me I have submitted the wrong Validatshun Number or timed out !

.....after (5) seconds    jezzzzz!  🕛☹️

Apparently all my Defaults have bin wiped sometime with FireFox's UpDates    hhhhhrrrrr "

....at least they have'nt effected my Bookmarks Ref Library.......that's BAD NEWS !

....... if it aint't broke !

Geoff

🖥️🔨☹️