Complete: Casey Stoner's 2006 LCR Honda RC211V

And I was just thinking “I haven’t seen any nice bike builds for a while” and this beauty comes along, well done indeed. Is it possible to add another couple of photos?

I can only imagine the fun you had with the decals, but it’s well worth whatever effort you put into it. Can I ask for some details about the kit? Is it Tamiya and what scale please??

Sorry to ask so many questions, thanks for your time.

Regards Ian

On 12/7/2018 at 3:04 PM, Ian T said:

And I was just thinking “I haven’t seen any nice bike builds for a while” and this beauty comes along, well done indeed. Is it possible to add another couple of photos?

I can only imagine the fun you had with the decals, but it’s well worth whatever effort you put into it. Can I ask for some details about the kit? Is it Tamiya and what scale please??

Sorry to ask so many questions, thanks for your time.

Regards Ian

Hi Ian,

Yes, it's a Tamiya kit, and it's 1/12 scale. It's one of their excellent MotoGP kits. I've built a bunch of these kits (Hondas, Suzukis, Kawasakis, Ducatis) and every single one is a jewel of a kit. They go together like a fine Swiss watch.

Here she is "naked."

CnRKh2q.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, it’s a pity that the fairings cover so much of the detail. I have built the Desmosedici and the 916 from the 1/12 scale range and as you say, they go together beautifully. I didn’t realise that the Honda was in Casey Stoner’s colours, I’ll have to have a look at this now!!

There are some pictures on the forum, and I can’t remember where at the moment, where somebody has completed a bike with the fairings fitted on one side and not on the other, a neat idea!!

I hope to see some more of your bikes on the forum.

Regards Ian

Thanks Ian! Yes, that Honda is in Casey's colours, The kit itself is pretty rare now, I paid a pretty penny for it on ebay. But it was worth it. I just picked up the 916 kit to build a model of a 1:1 a friend owns, I have to convert it to a 716.

I'll be posting more bikes. Working on another Stoner bike now, in fact. Thank you for your kind words.