Degsy E39's 1/72 Airfix Mitsubishi A6M2b zero

degsye39

Hi chaps i'd like to enter this fine group build..

Not made a start yet but you have to be in it to win it right?! ;) 

I see this bird has already been done in the kit decals (papau new guinea).. So another pacific area set of decals may have to be bought! Cheers!

IMG-1098.jpg

Edited by degsye39
  • Like 2

welcome aboard and with a Zero, great to see another one of those in the build.

There's no problem at all in building the same aircraft if you want to. This Airfix model is a little ripper from what I gather.

Good luck with the build, I hope it's an enjoyable one and I look forward to seeing her in the gallery.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

well you're off to a start, she's a nice looking model. Pity though any interior details are lost within the small cockpit opening.

There's still plenty of time so no need to rush......just yet! :D

• Like 1

Thanks rich! Wow what can i say this is flying together fit is really really good IMHO, i dont get airfix though superb new tool kit yet they furnish you with a pilot that would look at home in a.. whisper it.. Starfix kit! :(  :(

Honestly the lil feller looks like a grey! Proper sci fi.. Fingers crossed ill get the taliplanes and so forth on this tommorow and paint shortly after, cheers!

Greetingsss earthlingsss we come in peace!!!!!

Untitled.png

Wings on!

IMG-1407.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

that's shame, she was coming along nicely. 

I've seen the carpet monster eat pieces much bigger than that! Either that or it's hiding behind something on the bench......it happens all the time with me, there again I alway have a messy bench! :whistle:

Hopefully it'll turn up and you'll be able to complete the build, the threads will stay open so you can keep updating them, it would be nice to see her finished.

• Like 1

Its turned up! :o

the canopy was on top of the kitchen roll i used to wipe the old klear off with!! :D :D :D 

Id searched for 3 hours to boot even checked the bin :( re-dip then i will finish off! Watch this space! Cheers! Also snap with the messy bench mines a pig sty im afraid! 

Edited by degsye39
  • Like 2