3 Mighty Boeings - 747-400D, 777-2 & 777-3ER - Hasegawa 1/200 Love Liner 200 kits

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:45 AM, Jackman said:

What blue are you using? It looks spot-on for the Poke-jet.  Also, what is that masking tape? 

I'm asking because I'm taking notes; I too have this kit languishing in my to-do pile somewhere and I'm worried that the decals on mine would have become the same condition as yours.  

Thanks in advance . 

Hi Jackman

I bought some A4 airbrush masking sheets for this. I photocopied the decals, then raced the outlines onto the masking sheet and trimmed out the desired shapes. The Blue is MIG A.MIG-229 (FS 15102) Dark Grey Blue from th yellow bottle top airbrush acrylic color range

• Like 1

Thanks for the encouraging words guys. A bit more progress here, the engines and undercarriage are on now, and most of the decals are also on. I have had to add a few extra decals in places to overcome problems where damage to the original decals would have greatly affected the aesthetics of the completed 747.

Doors, windows and flight deck on, wings and tail planes.

DSCF8214 (2)

DSCF8215 (2)

Engines 3 & 4 on

DSCF8216 (2)

DSCF8217 (2)

Engines 1 & 2 now on board

DSCF8218 (2)

I've sent the Mrs out to buy some light colour card for a background to picture this in front of and will put it up on the RFI pages once ready

Thanks for following - the 777-200 will follow soon and the -300 once I have the decals

John

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

The 747 is looking rather nice John, where do you find these A4 airbrush masking sheets? Art/craft supply shops or the like?

cheers R-A-Y

I did a simple ebay search for A4 Airbrush mask sheets and bagged 10 x A4 sheets for about £9.99 ! I nearly got my fingers stung at Telford where an A4 sheet of the same cost £2.99 for a single sheet

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These 3 are now almost done. The last of the 777-300 decals went on last night and all that remains now is to glue it together.

I've enjoyed all 3. The 747 was the biggest challenge due to the age of the decals, while the 777's 3rd party decaling was fun but expensive.

DSCF8289

Port side complete minus the Royal Mail logo which went on late last night but is not pictured here

DSCF8296

and the starboard side completed

DSCF8297

Have you ever wondered what the scale difference between a 777-300 and a 767-200 is? Well here you are....

DSCF8293

I get round to sticking them up on the RFI pages as soon as the wings are on and they are varnished up

Thanks for following the build, I'm checking out now

John