1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-19 "Farmer" by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - MiG-19P/PM & S released

Homebee

OK, that's interesting.  I suppose it was inevitable ... given that I have recently beaten the Mistercraft effort into something resembling a MiG-19!!

Looking forward to seeing more about this in due course because the MiG-19 is a Cold War classic, overlooked for too long (IMHO).

• Like 2

Now that KP finally is bringing one out , wait and see Modelsvit and trumpeter bring a couple out as well . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Basuroy said:

Now that KP finally is bringing one out , wait and see Modelsvit and trumpeter bring a couple out as well . 

... and Zvezda will rip the rewards with its own release...🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

What's happened!?! Homebee's post is already 12 hours old and nobody has criticised the shape of a single component, depth of the panel lines, or moaned about it being the wrong scale/sub-type/subject yet! :shrug:

Are we all as pleased to see this one as I am? :hmmm: 

Edited by Col.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Hamster Volant said:

... and Zvezda will rip the rewards with its own release...🤣

....and after Modelsvit and trumpeter, then Zvezda....on scene going MiG-19 from Tamiya & MiG-19 from Airfix!😁

But, first, according to the laws of the genre, we must see the epic battle, when one Czech manufacturers  will strangle another!😁😁

I mean, now the MiG-19 should appear from Special Hobby!

😁😁😁

B.R.

Serge

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just hope it's going to be any better than their  last release… the Aero L-159A ALCA that is a real cr@p !. You don't even get wheelbays ! and I won't talk about the cockpit! FROG did better in the 60s ! 

😡 I think they will just "rework" the Bilek kit !

Madcop

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, madcop said:

I just hope it's going to be any better than their  last release… the Aero L-159A ALCA that is a real cr@p !. You don't even get wheelbays ! and I won't talk about the cockpit! FROG did better in the 60s ! 

😡 I think they will just "rework" the Bilek kit !

Madcop

Yea, whats up with that !? I wondered if they were trolling us!

11 hours ago, Col. said:

What's happened!?! Homebee's post is already 12 hours old and nobody has criticised the shape of a single component, depth of the panel lines, or moaned about it being the wrong scale/sub-type/subject yet! :shrug:

Are we all as pleased to see this one as I am? :hmmm: 

Oh hang on...

-That's not my scale

-If only Airfix had done it

-Why couldn't they have made - xxx - (insert totally unrelated subject)

-When will Airfix release - xxx - (insert Spitfire related subject)

-I'll hang on until they rescale it up to 1/48 but hopefully Airfix will do it instead

-That's too expensive

-Just trying to find a blurred photo of a real MiG-19 so I can show how the kits pitot probe is too long, therefore I will NOT buy this kit.....

But well done KP for finally giving some attention to this aircraft

Jeff

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

On 28/11/2018 at 09:39, ya-gabor said:

It is fascinating to read all the flak that KP is getting on Czech forums for this "new" kit on its home ground.

Best regards

Gabor

I'm curious Gabor, what are they saying?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, pinky coffeeboat said:

I think if you go to the KP Aero L-159 thread on this section, have a look at what they're offering, I think it'll be pretty obvious what the Czech forums are laughing at...

Jeff

Yes, I see what you mean

I hate to say, but I'm losing a lot of faith in AZ/KP these days.

I bought their 1/72 Z-37 kit not long after it hit the shelves. After my initial excitement wore off,  I noticed how crude and rushed it looked and how many key features had been left to the aftermarket and scratchbuilders to tend to. Not long after came the announcement that Eduard would be puting out their own 1/72 Z-37 kit.

I learned after talking to one of the guys at one of my local shops, AZ got the fuselage shapes wrong and will be doing a corrected reissue at some point.

I knew The ALCA kits were getting a lot of flak on the Czech sites. After having looked at them in the shop, all that flak and more are well deserved. I can't believe after as long as they strung us along about an ALCA kit that they could hose it so badly.

Really no excuse for that sort of thing when the real deal and those who made it sit inside the same national borders as you do.

Edited by upnorth
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...