Academy 1/48 McDonnell Douglas F-4N Phantom II

This is the final of four 1/48 Phantoms I built concurrently: Academy's F-4N in the kit markings. Yes, you read that right: Academy got it wrong and it's an F-4N, not the F-4B they mis-marketed it as. Aftermarket is Quickboost resin seats and Hypersonic resin tailplanes and AC intakes. Finish is Mr Color varnished with GX100 polished out with Micromesh. More words and pictures at https://jonbryon.com/academy-1-48-mcdonnell-douglas-f-4n-phantom-ii/

Comments welcome and thanks for looking.

Jon

f4n_51.jpg

f4n_48.jpg

f4n_46.jpg

f4n_26.jpg

f4n_20.jpg

f4n_11.jpg

f4n_02.jpg

f4n_21.jpg

f4n_29.jpg

f4n_27.jpg

f4n_36.jpg

f4n_40.jpg

Edited by Jon Bryon
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Whoo boy! It's big; it's a Phantom, and it's a Sundowners' Rhino- the trifecta! Looks like she just got out of the paint shop, too! Very nice build- now, if they will just do the 1/72 ones they have been teasing us with for the longest time...

Mike

• Like 1

Beautiful work Jon

I'm building the J at the moment and finding it a thoroughly enjoyable build.  Fantastic to see another addition on your website as well.  I must say though, -and I know you don't usually add pylons and stores - the phantom looks really naked without at least a centreline tank.  Although that is how most of them seem to be configued in the photos of them on ramps.

EDIT   Just read your article and now realise why you did not add the pylons.  I managed to screw up my tailplanes in exactly the same way.  That casting block is a real buggar to remove, isnt it

Cheers

Bruce

Edited by pacificmustang
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, pacificmustang said:

I managed to screw up my tailplanes in exactly the same way.  That casting block is a real buggar to remove, isnt it

I'm glad it's not just me!

I wish I had been able to add the pylons :(

Jon