Hasegawa 1/48 McDonnell Douglas RF-4B Phantom II

Here is my third Hasegawa 1/48 Phantom that I've built concurrently: a USMC RF-4B from 1979 in the kit provided markings for VMPF-3. The only additions are True Details resin seats and a nose pitot made from Albion Alloys brass tubing. The paint is all Mr Color finished with Tamiya Semi-Gloss. A full build article and more pictures can be found at: https://jonbryon.com/hasegawa-1-48-mcdonnell-douglas-rf-4b-phantom-ii/

Comments welcome and thanks for looking..

Jon

rf4b_02.jpg

rf4b_39.jpg

rf4b_16.jpg

rf4b_37.jpg

rf4b_33.jpg

rf4b_09.jpg

rf4b_15.jpg

rf4b_43.jpg

rf4b_17.jpg

rf4b_59.jpg

rf4b_55.jpg

rf4b_62.jpg

• Like 38

Very sharp Phantom Jon. I think the weathering is perfect. It never dawned on me to use Lego blocks to build custom jigs - great idea! Also, when I first saw the ejection seat pull handles on your website, I couldn't believe how good they looked. You said that you used thread. Exactly what and where do I get it? Your website is fantastic and I look forward to exploring it further. Thanks for the tips!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hobo said:

Very sharp Phantom Jon. I think the weathering is perfect. It never dawned on me to use Lego blocks to build custom jigs - great idea! Also, when I first saw the ejection seat pull handles on your website, I couldn't believe how good they looked. You said that you used thread. Exactly what and where do I get it? Your website is fantastic and I look forward to exploring it further. Thanks for the tips!

Thanks. The description of how I made the pull handles is at https://jonbryon.com/hasegawa-1-48-mcdonnell-douglas-f-4e-phantom-ii/. Essentially it's just cotton thread coated with PVA.

Jon

Lovely job and a fantastic scheme too,........ I was expecting it to have white undersides so the overall Gull Grey scheme is interesting too 

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1