Scottish airways walrus

TOPGUN88

Hi guys i was hoping to make the supermarine walrus matchbox kit into the aircraft that scottish airways had that they were gonna use from prestwick to aaran. Found a couple of picks on net but cannot for the life of me find any interior pics. I was wondering does anyone know if the passenger carrier variant would have been same layout as civilian sea otters and what colours the interior would be. 

Not much help, i'm afraid, but i've built one and I searched for two years and haven't found any interior pics yet! It doesn't look like it ever flew in those colours, and i wonder if the interior was ever fitted out. They certainly cut and fitted extra viewing windows to the rear of the original ones which might (or not) be a clue to where the extra seats would have been/were fitted. I suspect the military equipment would have been stripped out but the innards never completed. I'll try to put a pic of my model on later - unrigged as yet! I made my own decals, though i think they can be bought commercially. I can send you artwork if you can print them yourself.

• Thanks 1

If you google 'scottish aviation walrus' (images) an image of a decal sheet comes up waaaay down the page. Glad if this has been of some help. I'm now trying to research the whaler's one - actually the John Grierson racer that never made it to the antarctic - with just as much lack of luck!

• Thanks 1

The decal sheet was made by a company called JBOT if I remember correctly and may still be available.

G-AJNO which appears to be the one most photographed sat in reasonably good condition in a hanger at Prestwick until around 1958/9 when it was scrapped.

I didn't have a camera at that time but as an ardent aero spotter in those days it was the only one I saw, there were bits of another one but it had no markings to identify it.

There are a few photo's on ABpic of the Scottish Airlines Walrus aircraft.

Ian

• Like 1