1/48 Focke-Wulf 0310239-10 Fast Bomber by Modelcollect

Gorby

The proper source is not S. but Modelcollect 

http://www.modelcollect.com/wwii-luftwaffe-secret-project-focke-wulf-0310239-10-fast-bomber

https://www.facebook.com/Modelcollect/photos/a.153755038112938/1165697263585372/?type=3&theater

0005532-wwii-luftwaffe-secret-project-fo

- ref.UA48002 was originally supposed to be: http://www.modelcollect.com/fist-of-war-usaf-a-12-strato-interceptor

A12.jpg

Modelcollect managers and designers are definitely under influence of substances...  :banghead:

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I´m positively sure I´ve seen this aircraft while looking at Luft 46 images, but I can´t remember its name.

Edit: Here it is, straight from the Luft46.com website, the Focke Wulf Fw 3x1000 Project B fast bomber: http://www.luft46.com/fw/fw1000b.html

Edited by Sturmovik
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, SleeperService said:

What that needs is the Revell 1/72 E.555 scaling up to compliment it.

Rivet counter free zone. Happy Days :D

The Ar 555 would be massive in 48, and I´d definitely need something else than a brush to paint it. And we haven´t talked about how much nose weight it would need.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

The Ar 555 would be massive in 48, and I´d definitely need something else than a brush to paint it. And we haven´t talked about how much nose weight it would need.

Not really that massive. I think the wing area gives a false impression. In 1/48 the E555 would be similar to the Airfix Vulcan in terms of wing area/span.I brush painted my Vulcans so, I wouldn't have a problem with the (hypothetical) Arado.. I don't own an airbrush anyway!:lol:. When I built the Revell E.555, I stuffed weight into the wing leading edges. As it was forward of the main undercarriage, it worked fine. I suggest a similar approach might work with this model unless of course the manufacturer kindly provides weights?

Allan

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Most were never actually built, add those that were hardly made it past being a prototype

Assuming they even made it off the drawing board to begin with! Still, I like ModelCollect's thinking. I already have several of their fictional (if I may use the term ) German AFVs. If this is the start of a whole range of Luftwaffe 46 or, other similar types I wont object. Wonder if they've read British Secret Projects etc?:lol:

Allan

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

I also wonder why always Luft 46

Easy answer...some of the Luft'46 projects were later to be renamed USAF or URSS 50' 😂

Edited by Artie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Jokes aside, there must be some kind of magic around those late projects. It may be the romanticism of "what could have been", a fascination for such an advanced technology...who knows...

What is undeniable, is the strength that this type of models has, we like it or not. Just another option, I don't like them at all, but use to be best sellers....and a blank canvas for "whiffers"...!!!

• Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 5:26 AM, 28ZComeback said:

With planes like this, how did they lose the war?? 

Only reason we 'won' was because they made more mistakes than we did. 

Paul, grateful for small mercies.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

Good choice - no problems with an oddly shaped nose this time :-D

I also wonder why always Luft 46. I like many of the German concepts but it would be nice to see some other nations concepts as well. Also not fixed on late war time line.

I think the two separate versions of the Grumman A-12 might qualify as other nations concepts?😀. You 're right though. It would be nice and, there is a wealth of material to choose from.

Allan

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...