Halo everyone... well ive not been idle but its just the little things now. I added the crew entry hatch, antenna’s(non rigged), the windows are all filled in with clear window glue, & ive built the two turrets(chin & upper). I will take some photo’s tomorrow when i mount the turrets. That will pretty much be the end of the build im thinking ? But i’ll need to give it a good once over before i decide that ? However im pretty confident this will be RFI over the weekend. 

Dennis

• Like 3

On 2/16/2019 at 5:39 AM, dogsbody said:

If I ever get to my Digby, maybe I'll look at getting some aftermarket DC-3/C-47 gear and try that.

Chris

I'm not sure that DC-3 U/C will fit the Bolo that well, being based on the DC-2 rather than the -3, it may be a bit different, especially looking at the SAC replacements but seeing that they seem just to copy the kit parts, it could be a measure of the kit differences than the actual aircraft.

Bolo

DC-3

Steve.

• Like 1

“Mo Beastie grànda !”

“My Ugly Beastie !”

So here she is in all her glory. 

2EgGk9M.jpg

mLITLMU.jpg

bopGmFO.jpg

eGPNgMp.jpg

Hj8Ove6.jpg

RovcpsT.jpg

I will post an RFI over the weekend sometime with more photo’s.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235051587-“mo-beastie-grànda-”-or-in-english-“my-ugly-beastie-”/

Thank you to the Hosts, @Sabre_days, @dogsbody, @janneman36 and everyone else that helped and or offered encouragement early on. Especially when i was struggling with my MOJO issues.  

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:44 AM, stevehnz said:

I'm not sure that DC-3 U/C will fit the Bolo that well, being based on the DC-2 rather than the -3, it may be a bit different, especially looking at the SAC replacements but seeing that they seem just to copy the kit parts, it could be a measure of the kit differences than the actual aircraft.

Bolo

DC-3

Steve.

I've rifled through the stash and found the old Formaplane DC-2 vac-kit. I thought that possibly the white metal bits in that kit may be useful, but on inspection, I don't think they would be feasible.

46255610305_63c6e42c53_b.jpg

Chris

• Like 2

The tailwheel maybe, but not the rest. Way too crude and bent. I had to straighten one of the H's so it looks close to the other. They are of a quite soft material, too. I'm sure they would deform after a while.

Chris

• Like 2

That looks superb Dennis. I really like the paint finish. 

Well worth persevering with; a lovely inter-war aircraft model.

:goodjob:

Best regards

TonyT

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2019 at 7:40 PM, dogsbody said:

I've rifled through the stash and found the old Formaplane DC-2 vac-kit. I thought that possibly the white metal bits in that kit may be useful, but on inspection, I don't think they would be feasible.

46255610305_63c6e42c53_b.jpg

Chris

Dear Chris would like to get rid of your DC2 vacform minus it white metal parts as would love to have the plastic !!

@Corsairfoxfouruncle great build on the Bolo and glad to help you out on this one..

cheers, Jan

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, janneman36 said:

Dear Chris would like to get rid of your DC2 vacform minus it white metal parts as would love to have the plastic !!

@Corsairfoxfouruncle great build on the Bolo and glad to help you out on this one..

cheers, Jan

Sure. PM me your address.

Chris