Cheap airbrush cause im broke

marios19203

I have two very old Badger airbrushes and wanted to add another airbrush with bigger nozzle size. Looking for something cheap I bought some Chinese set from Amaozon (or was it evilbay?) and found it quite nice. Later I found an even cheaper airbrush on Aliexpress.  Also good - for roughly 20 Pounds including shipping... It is surely a matter of taste (and money) and Iwata fans will shake heads (they are probably right) but for my purpose the cheap Chinese Airbrushes are very nice. Just bought a 0.5 spraygun for primer only. It cost 6 GBP including shipping. And it sprays the thick primer better than any other of my airbrushes.

Aliexpress (aliexpress.com) is chinese site and the search function is sometimes an adventure but you get lots of useful stuff there very cheap. I ordered lots of items and was never let down.

The links posted by dragonlanceHR are very good. Thanks!

On 11/25/2018 at 7:44 PM, marios19203 said:

Ive been looking for a cheap airbrush and was wonderring if anyone has experience with the bd 130 airbrush. Also , just in case it matters, my compressor is from a cheap set which i bought to get said compressor.

I was going to say that I’ve got a couple of Chinese airbrushes (Iwata copies) that you could have for free but just noticed that you are in Greece.

I’ve had mixed experiences with cheap brushes.  Generallt, they are very well made for what you get.  The weak areas in my opinion are the needles and the nozzle o-rings.  The needles can be improved greatly with polishing.  The nozzle o-rings are often mal-formed and soft so leak.  Ideally, you would replace with decent o-rings but I have never been able to find any.  It is the quality control that is the problem - you could get one that is fine or one that is hopeless - it’s a gamble.  If you get a bad one, and can’t find a replacement, it is much better to fit the nozzle without the o-ring or better still with a little airbrush wax.

If you get a clone airbrush that works (or one that you make work) then they are fine.

If you were in the UK my personal advise would be rather than spend £20 on a clone, shop around and pick up a Sparmax for around £45.  I appreciate it is double the price but the extra £25 is well spent against the time and frustration you might spend getting a clone to work well. 

Cheers,

Nigel

Edited by nheather
  • Thanks 1