Saab J35A Draken - 1:144 Miniwing

Mig88

Here's my Saab J35A Draken "19", of Flygflottilj 13, Swedish Air Force, NorrKöping, Sweden, early 1960s.

It's the Miniwing resin 1:144 kit which I built in 2010. The kit was completely painted and varnished with brush. I used Humbrol 27002 Polished Aluminium for the main metallic finish and dry-brushed Humbrol 56 Flat Aluminium along panel lines.

The markings are sadly poor because of the decals which Miniwing used to have. I had no alternative replacements so had to make do with them.

Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Miguel

NifSKXbNDbYkZJorLJFHrAyZScGU0zeSiDcJS78G

R-3NMo9CnUmvdyfxKqWCBikRaMW0VdkV-DiSi7_9

oawhRBDE4BBHYaeEtE6mE48kIK_eseOvGsb5avvE

LuiHsma6ltQpVkyYIIxxpTje3luxy5E5fEa3Syp6

TtGawNIgCHYCjK-krk1OfI_7fR_fg7UWbKRMeWTr

qPyqLhn3van_G63OEYhkONbZRDGF2yPmVmfyoBL_

0lqZw0OBFzL4X9wwFc_f5idI9aiBgQEZzEFgaNzw

• Like 11

Lovely work. I think Humbrol Polished Aluminium is one of the best paints in its range. It does deteriorate quite quickly though - I used an old tin recently and nearly wept! In your hands the finish you can get is superb. Lovely SAAB and I like the dry brushing on the panel lines. Basically - a masterclass in a how to get an outstanding metal finish with brushes!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ajmm said:

I think Humbrol Polished Aluminium is one of the best paints in its range.

I fully agree Angus. With a couple of well spread coats you get a good and resistant metallic finish. It's my paint of choice for this kind of finish. I have used Vallejo's Aluminium, which has the advantage of being acrylic and thus dries more quickly but although I have managed some nice finishes, I've come to the conclusion I'll only use it for smaller areas as the Humbrol paint is much better.