Figures for Argentinian troops

goon

Hi All,

I'm looking to model some Argentinian personnel involved in the Falklands War. There's a serious dearth of figures available. I have the Black Dog POW, but I'm looking for some more figures I can use. Could anyone suggest some 1/35 figures that are very close to the kit / uniform that was used. (I think it is similar to US Marine uniform.) I could do with some figures that need the absolute minimum of modification to be convincing Argentinians,

Many thanks for any help,

Gareth

Korean War Americans in winter garb might work, but if anyone does any they'll be resin and therefore pretty fixed poses.  In the photos I recall the Argies generally had a winter anorak type garment.

2 figures in the MiniArt US Officers set might work: the ones at either end of the box art.  If you want POWs, look at the MiniArt Battle of the Bulge set.  The front and back POW figures might work:  not sure about the middle one in the long mac.  1 figure in their US Tank Crew NW Europe set might work: 2nd from right on the box art.

Obviously swap the weapons and pouches.  Not sure if anyone does the Argentine version of the FAL.  The old Verlinden white metal IDF weapons set might have had one in IIRC, but these are hard to find.  That set seemed oversize to me.

Edited by Das Abteilung
correction

some great suggestions there, some of which will only need a little modification. I also now know which era / style the uniforms are, so many thanks for your reply.

Gareth