Revell 1/32 He111

Adam Poultney

12 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Just a crazy idea....... I might attempt to build the 1/32 Revell He111. How difficult would it be, and would, given the time and patience, someone only 4/5 years into the hobby be able to manage it?

Look some builds up, and see.

Though, as it's a recent modern tooling, apart from the actual size, it  should be fine,  it's not some limited run kit where everything has to be carved to fit

Have a google, "revell he 111 1/32 build"   there are build up on youtube 

and

http://bowemodels.blogspot.com/2013/03/build-review-revell-132-heinkel-he111-p.html

In conclusion, this kit ranks right up there with the best I have ever built. It has one or two foibles, notably the maddeningly random parts arrangement on the sprues and the fact that the instructions are a little misleading in places. There are also one or two incorrect numberings as well - watch out. But the fit is as good as anything from TamiGawa (sic), better in many ways. This is astonishing considering the size of this model. The level of detail (with the possible exception of the lack of complete rivets) is similarly excellent. 

• Like 1

I did the 1/48 one and on the whole a nice kit (don't know if the 32nd is just a scaled up version mind you).

the 1/48 is big so be warned (as said above 👍).

i got back into modelling about 2 years ago and did this in February and it turned out ok.

so, go for it fella!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Lawzer said:

I did the 1/48 one and on the whole a nice kit (don't know if the 32nd is just a scaled up version mind you).

the 1/48 is big so be warned (as said above 👍).

i got back into modelling about 2 years ago and did this in February and it turned out ok.

so, go for it fella!

Got any pictures of your build?

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Now if you were talking about a Zwilling, I'd be worried! :lol:

That's not the bad part - just think about building a 1/32nd scale Me-321 Gigant to go with it.

Regards,

Jason

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lawzer said:

Just had a look on scalemates and it's not just an up scaled version.

undercarrige still looks iffy though....🙄

I'd probably build it in flight to hang up or something 

3 hours ago, Learstang said:

That's not the bad part - just think about building a 1/32nd scale Me-321 Gigant to go with it.

Regards,

Jason

Where do you even get such a kit?

I normally either make or buy a suitable storage box before I build a large model so that it can live in that when its not on display at shows. If that's not your thing then build a glass topped coffee table and put it in a cabinet below!

Simon

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Where do you even get such a kit?

You don't, as far as I know. Although it is the sort of lunacy HPH might try at some point (they do have a 1/48th scale B-36, after all).

Regards,

Jason

28 minutes ago, Learstang said:

You don't, as far as I know. Although it is the sort of lunacy HPH might try at some point (they do have a 1/48th scale B-36, after all).

Regards,

Jason

There's a 1/48 b52 around....

After a quick search, it looks like there is a 1/32 kit in existence for the Me-321, but I don't think it has been released yet, or if it ever will be.

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Like 1

Yes Adam , it`s a good kit that makes up into a smashing model . I would recommend the Eduard masking set

for the big " greenhouse "and the other clear parts .

Don .