Hawker Beechcraft U-125A J.A.S.D.F Air Rescue

_alfisti_

Hi guys.

I was a bit lazy around New Year, but last week I did some progress. First to show are the new build RWR on the fin, it tppk a few hours but I´m glad @Scimitar gave me the hint.

34832009gb.jpg

34832013rf.jpg

34832017jc.jpg

Next step was to mask the dark blue with UHU Patafix and spray the brighter Mr.Hobby C374, unfortunately it don´t match the color for the U-125 right.

34832021dc.jpg

34832028fq.jpg

I tried a layer of Tamiya x-23 clear blue and it work, looks much better than before.

34832033oa.jpg

Today I finished the decals as well. They were from really good quality and worked real fine. The missing numbers to do the 27 came from a Hasegawa T-2 Blue Impulse.

34832037kl.jpg

Regards

Daniel

Edited by _alfisti_
  • Like 10

I got that same paint set for an eggplane F-2 I did as a test for upcoming JASDF projects. That's a great tip about the Tamiya clear blue if I want to modulate the colors a little bit, thanks!

Your plane looking great, looking forward to the finish!

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys.

@Shin I think the set woud match the colors of the F-2 very well, same with the Phantom or the Black Hawks. If you look at some pictures only the U-125A are darker. I have two F-2s in my stash too, there should be no such problems with the painting.

Regards

Daniel

• 4 weeks later...

Three weeks after my last post the U-125A is finally finished. Last few steps were the landing gear, FOD-cover, wipers and some antennas.

Sorry for the dust on the pics, must be from last weekends exhibition were the jet saw daylight for the first time😁.

35061342ts.jpg

35061343rq.jpg

35061344si.jpg

Hope you like it.

Regards

Daniel

Edited by _alfisti_
  • Like 15

Hi Daniel.

That is one superb piece of modeling, it realy has turned out great.  The underwing pods have come out very well.  I hope that my model looks the part when I get round to it.   Robin.

• Like 1

Thank you guys.

I´m not completely satisfied with the build, so I´m glad you like it anyway.

19 hours ago, Robin said:

Hi Daniel.

I hope that my model looks the part when I get round to it.   Robin.

I´m sure it will, only pay some attention to the wing/fuselage conection, the rest of the kit isn´t really a problem.

18 hours ago, Robert said:

That is really lovely. The decals on mine are off register so not sure about getting a replacement.

Robert

May you can get a replacement sheet from sword, my decals was printed very clean. There are contact options on their site.

Regards

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

I hadn't read this thread before, maybe because I didn't know what a U-125A is. :( I''m pleased I have been and read it now, a very nice model in a great scheme, I have already the F-2 & RF & F-4 kits to build one day, some of the Mr Hobby paint sounds like a good idea.

Steve.

• Like 1

Hi Steve.

The color set from Mr.Hobby I used should be the perfect choice for the F-2 and F-4. They look a bit brighter on photos so the blue should match very well. I got also two F-2s in my stash, will look good next to the U-125A someday.

Daniel

MRP also do a set of paint for the JASDF blues and they look to be very accurate in colour.

it was an interesting article Daniel, so thanks for the tips. I have the North Wing Model Craft resin kit of the U-125 to make but may get the Sword one too for a bit of cross-kitting.

andy

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi _alfisti_! My colleague purchased the same kit. Can you give the exact dimensions of the ECM pods under the wing in centimeters? Or maybe there is a drawing? It is difficult to determine the exact dimensions by the photo.

• 1 year later...
On 23/10/2019 at 15:52, me109k said:

Hi _alfisti_! My colleague purchased the same kit. Can you give the exact dimensions of the ECM pods under the wing in centimeters? Or maybe there is a drawing? It is difficult to determine the exact dimensions by the photo.

I don´t think there are any drawings available. I used only pics to build the pods, they are about 2,4cm long, 4mm wide and 2mm thick.

41783323ud.jpg

41783324ri.jpg

• Like 1