Hawker Beechcraft U-125A J.A.S.D.F Air Rescue

_alfisti_

Hi all.

Found the new U-125A kit from Sword at yesterdays "Plastic Winter"- Show in Bratislava and for just €10,- I had to take it home😁.

34423056tx.jpg

I will build 12-3028 in the nice dark "Offshore-Camouflage".

34423057uf.jpg

I began with some basic painting in the cockpit and the cabin. Only added some tissue and seatbelts made from Tamiya tape to the seats.

34423058vz.jpg

I hope I can finish the interior tomorrow and may close the fuselage.

Regards from Austria

Daniel

Edited by _alfisti_
  • Like 9

On 25/11/2018 at 18:25, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I like that camouflage ive seen it on fighters but never a patrol craft. 

Like it too, looks amazing on the F-2 and F-4 but there are also Black Hawks wearing it.

775619m.jpg

On 26/11/2018 at 11:38, Team Aer Lingus said:

Oh I do like the look of that kit I wonder if Sword might release the 125 

thanks for sharing 

Eamonn

Would be nice if the release a 125, like the black scheme on that aircraft.

• Like 1

Yesterday I finished the interior, I didn´t payed to much attention to details cause you will not see later.

34441123hk.jpg

34441124aw.jpg

34441125iu.jpg

The windows needs some extra work to fit in the holes in the fuselage.

34441127dq.jpg

The cockpit section is a bit to small in it´s diameter so I had to use some Evergreen Stripes to hold it in it´s correct place.

34441128nw.jpg

Last step was some weight for the nose, don´t know if it´s neccesary but better than getting a tail sitter😁.

34441129hk.jpg

I started glueing the two halves at the nose end, it needs slight effort but it could be worse.

34441130hm.jpg

Regards from Austria

Daniel

• Like 15

Some progress on my U-125A.

I allready closed the fuselage, without any putty, only some sanding was required at the end.

34479857tp.jpg

On the fin I cut off the rudder.

34479858uq.jpg

The fitting on the wing parts look also very good.

34479859cj.jpg

Found some inlets and outlets to open...

34479860jt.jpg

34479862ga.jpg

For a better handling I cut of the intake section of the engines, so i can fill and sand the inside befor putting in the fanblade.

34479863lo.jpg

34479864to.jpg

Cheers

Daniel

• Like 14

That's quick work and I'll be watching your progress whilst waiting for mine to arrive.

A company called Plamoya in Japan  did a beautiful anniversary decal sheet in 1/144 for this aircraft so I have contacted them to see if they would consider doing it in 1/72.

3f2699d80376efd68afadd52973664ef.image.4

I know this decal sheet, found it on the internet when I was searching for some aftermarket items for my kit. Unfortunately there is nothing in 1/72 scale yet, would be nice if they bring out the sheet in 1/72 too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks mate👍

...in the last two weeks some progress has been made.

The clear parts for the cockpit fitted very well, only some putty was used to get a perfect smooth blending in this area.

34585060go.jpg

34585074ph.jpg

Next big step was the join up of from wings and fuselage. It needed a bit more attention to get them together. I did some sanding on the middle section of the wing to get it up and minimalize the step on the underside. Therefor on the upperside a bit more putty was needed.

34585086dx.jpg

34585100sq.jpg

34585114cg.jpg

After some sanding an a coat of Mr.Surfacer1000 it look not bad at all.

34585129gq.jpg

34585145dy.jpg

On the wingtips I cut of the position lights and made some new from a clear sprue.

34585153vc.jpg

34585163jr.jpg

I over thought my approach with the engines and decided to take the easy way. So i started do make some FOD-covers.

34585179rx.jpg

In the meantime the correct colors received from the dealer, will also need the in the future for my F-2 and maybe for a Phantom.

34585197kq.jpg

Regards from snowy Austria.

Daniel

• Like 11

Hi Daniel.

Coming along fine, sorry that the work on the engine clean-up didn't work to plan.  Did you find any close up pictures to help with the work on the inlets and outlets, I found some good shots of U-125As on the UKAR webpage, there are some fantastic shots of Japanese Phantom camo markings, wouldn't mind doing a what-iff of a U-125A Squadron hack from an F4 Sqn.  Robin

Hi Robin.

The engines are not an unsolvable problem but it would be a long way to come to a satisfying result, so I decided to quicken my build to get it ready for 2019th firs exhibition in february😁.

Close ups of this aircraft seems very rare on the internet, couldn´t find much good pics. I´m also still looking for pics from the self defence pod which 27 and 28 are carrying underneth their wings.

Daniel

Hi Daniel.

My kit of the model arrived today from MJW Models, excellent service with good packing and reasonable price.  Found a couple of pictures of 28 on Airliners, in both dark and light blue with the s/d Pod, unusual looking item, the mounting rail looks a little like the old F4 Phantom missile mount, not too clear where it goes on the wing though.

Robin.

• Like 1

Hi Daniel.

Had another search in Airliners.net, put in "U-125A." and got a page that had almost 100 pictures of the aircraft, including one with special markings, and a couple of 27 & 28.

Robin.

• Like 2

Looks nice so far! A model building friend of mine who flies Hawker 800s/900s will find this interesting.

On a unrelated note, this has piqued my curiosity about the Amodel Falcon 50s, since i fly one for a living.

Thanks for posting!

-d-

• Like 2

Thanks for your coments.

@David

My interest in bizz jets is growing since I started this project, may I will get some other typs soon. With a personal connection like you got it´s even more fascinating to build a model.

@Robin

I will see how i went on with the pod, may I can find some more / better pictures. In the meantime i got some spare decals from a friend, so I´m able to build the 27, it got the more spectacular paint sheme.

I went on with the U-125, adding some bits and pieces. The antennas on the fin were rebuild from old etched parts useing the kit parts for right dimensions and shape.

34640557ai.jpg

34640561jr.jpg

The wing fences were sanded down as the were much to thick.

34640564fs.jpg

34640568st.jpg

The engines are allready attached to the airframe, only little sanding and some Mr.Surfacer 1000 was needed. On the pics below you can see some more antennas which was not included in the kit or were sanded down befor, so I made them out from sheet.

34640571tx.jpg

34640574su.jpg

Regards

Daniel

• Like 5

Merry Christmas to everyone around!

I found some time over the holidays to work on the U-125.

Last little details were added bevor painting.

34676716lb.jpg

34676719lo.jpg

34676720oq.jpg

A thin layer of Tamiya Fine Primer L shows the last little things to mend.

34676721yq.jpg

34676722fy.jpg

I drawed the demarcation lines of the "Oceanic-Camo" on the primer. As I wrote above, I´m going to build the "27" not "28" from the box. So I used some pics from as reference , because the camo of 27 and 28 are very different.

34676723gn.jpg

I started with the darker blue, Mr.Hobby C375.

34676724hc.jpg

The s/d pods were also made with only photo references. I used different plates of sheet for it.

34676726yr.jpg

34676728ks.jpg

34676730st.jpg

34676732bo.jpg

They still need some work...

Regards

Daniel

• Like 10

Progressing well Daniel.

Pictures of them with the pods are few and far between and I haven't found any of 001,002 or 003 with them. (I'll be doing one of those three)

Those with the pods also have the RWR wedges on the tail bullet fairing.. Is it my imagination or is the fairing longer than that in the kit?

• Thanks 1

I don´t realized the RWR on the fin yet🙈, thanks for your post. Had to change this detail immediately.

You´re right, it´s longer than the normal, may to give space for the RWR.

The pods were only mounted on 027 and 028, so you don´t have to pay any attention to them when building 001, 002, 003.

• Thanks 1